• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,172 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2022 at 9:45 AM, Beastfeast said:

Man, what a time that was.  I never played it but the world really came together for that summer.  

Yeah never played anything Pokémon but that was a crazy time

On 5/28/2022 at 8:38 AM, Sauce Dog said:

In this case I didn't think it necessary since its already been shown to CGC and posted on these boards

Although I quoted your post, I really did not intend to single you out.  I've seen far too much unsubstantiated "drive-by sniping" lately (and not just in this thread).  As far as I'm concerned, it's gonna be "pics or it didn't happen" from here on out.  We need to help Mike help us by providing him with hard evidence of any alleged QC blunders.

SD, please accept my apology.  :foryou:

On 5/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, zzutak said:

Although I quoted your post, I really did not intend to single you out.  I've seen far too much unsubstantiated "drive-by sniping" lately (and not just in this thread).  As far as I'm concerned, it's gonna be "pics or it didn't happen" from here on out.  We need to help Mike help us by providing him with hard evidence of any alleged QC blunders.

SD, please accept my apology.  :foryou:

I could never be mad at zzutak, Strange Tales #88 is my favourite cover of the run and finding a super high grade copy has been on my hunt list for years now :D

On 5/28/2022 at 11:02 AM, Sauce Dog said:

You can all now say you know one of the actual creators of one of the Pokemon games...me :) 

Which one?

On 5/28/2022 at 11:57 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Pokemon 2000 Adventure. Which is now considered 'lost game/media' and has a very long story surrounding it and the reason Nintendo decided to pull it offline after only a month (still achieved 1 million downloads though in that time).

It holds the title of being the very first 3D Pokemon game (which is basically the reason Nintendo scrapped it). I was the only person at the development company who knew about Pokemon when the job came in - so I got to watch the new movie in advance and plan an entire game around it while keeping the dev team informed what Pokemon to use, what their powers/types etc (as well as working on textures)

4440vn.jpg

On 5/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, Sigur Ros said:

No, it's not different.  I mean, except that CGC does it so much more often.  Bad QC is bad QC.  Plus I don't know if they make that claim on their site and then literally not follow it.

Bait failed, sorry.   Try it over there.

Anyway... it does suck that they pulled a "CGC".

No

They don't 

Except when they do

q2P8kVL.gif

On 5/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, The Meta said:

Yeah never played anything Pokémon but that was a crazy time

Didn't some people die by walking off cliffs or into traffic playing that game? :whatthe:

On 5/28/2022 at 12:37 PM, Sigur Ros said:

No, it's not different.  I mean, except that CGC does it so much more often. 

You asked if such a policy claim can be accurate if a book like this leaves the facility. 

I'm pointing out bad QC isn't exclusive to this company. Not the frequency in which it happens anywhere. Pointing this out after your post isn't baiting. 

Bad QC is bad QC.

Everywhere it happens, I agree.

Plus I don't know if they make that claim on their site and then literally not follow it.

Such a claim shouldn't be on a site in order for it to be a policy customers and collectors should expect.

Whether it's on the site or on a piece of paper thumbtacked to a cubicle wall in the QC dept., it's a policy not followed if a book like this leaves any facility.

Edited by MR SigS

On 5/28/2022 at 5:32 PM, jcjames said:

Didn't some people die by walking off cliffs or into traffic playing that game? :whatthe:

Much the same way insufficiently_thoughtful_persons walk into traffic while texting on their phones.  Darwin awards of plenty....:facepalm:

On 5/27/2022 at 7:41 PM, Axe Elf said:

This really makes it sound like we're headed down the ridiculous path of grading and encapsulating slabs to prevent them from sustaining any damage.

I mean, that's why we have slabs in the first place, so THEY will take the hits for the books, which we have already sacrificed to unreadability just to keep those minor little scuffs and scratches from appearing on THEM!

But then someone would pay hundreds to buy a slabbed book only to send it back because the $15 plastic case had a little scratch on it?  Dealers now have to worry about protecting their slabs so as not to devalue them?  The obvious answer is Slab Protection™...

Humans are so weird...

Tumblr: Image

:gossip: they already got 'em:
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/60A68018-AADA-46D3-80EF-CC9FD40F1030