• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,152 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 12:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yeah I know of a few more that are out there but I can no longer access them. 

Has anyone previously reached out to the Clink over the 3rd printing status of the book?

On 6/1/2022 at 10:38 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Any recently graded?

No, I remember first seeing them botch the notes on this around 2015ish?  I noticed them at auction around 2016-2017.  I am trying to see what I can dig up.  The only reason I was able to produce the images so easily on this was because I uploaded them to a Joe group, so I immediately knew what to look for.  

I never bid on them because I knew what they were so I cannot go through old auction bids that I have made. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:40 PM, Microchip said:

Has anyone previously reached out to the Clink over the 3rd printing status of the book?

I had mentioned it to CGC at shows years ago but what can you really do when someone comes up to you that is neither the owner, submitter or facilitator of the book?

@CGC Mike

Edited by Buzzetta

• Administrator
On 6/1/2022 at 10:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

I had mentioned it to CGC at shows years ago but what can you really do when someone comes up to you that is neither the owner, submitter or facilitator of the book?

@CGC Mike

If someone can produce examples that are recently graded, I can have someone inform the graders.  

On 6/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

https://youtu.be/MzlK0OGpIRs

This:

Hide contents

121375EF-DCB4-441F-A017-3362B6AD3582.thumb.jpeg.546fdaf21263db6a052c79910dbf592e.jpegD350CCB8-B9D8-46D4-A302-DC78131E2FFC.thumb.jpeg.ea2bb1d1c1973e72b9169dd79fd2ef32.jpeg

Becomes

I remember when this happened! Glad it got fixed! :banana: if that is what your saying? :wishluck: 

^^ 

On 6/6/2022 at 3:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I remember when this happened! Glad it got fixed! :banana: if that is what your saying? :wishluck: 

^^ 

I tried to be funny but I failed. I don’t know how to insert the stupid Pilot music video. 

On 6/6/2022 at 3:03 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

I tried to be funny but I failed. I don’t know how to insert the stupid Pilot music video. 

It's magic indeed! Roflmao

Still happy for you. :roflmao:

Puts my hardly ever pony up for pressing to shame, never believe it's not soooooooo.  :whistle:

On 5/27/2022 at 11:43 PM, Aman619 said:

Slabs exist to first protect the integrity of the CGC grade

The issue is we pay CGC to grade and label books correctly.  As more instances of mis-labeled, mispresented, upside down, backwards, etc issue arise, then it throws into question the validity of not just those books, but all books.  So while your books may come back okay, the entire system is thrown into doubt and THAT is what should concern you.  PGX likely returned a few number of accurately graded/labeled books to its customers, but enough stories of falsified books popped up that their entire business has become a joke.  As a CGC customer, it doesn't matter whether your books were submitted 10 years ago or your first submission was sent in 10 days ago, the integrity of the company and how its customer base perceive it is at stake.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:38 AM, Beastfeast said:

Seems like a weird point of pride.  It's like bragging you don't have air conditioning (shrug)

I don't have air conditioning.  :insane:

On 6/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, ExNihilo said:

I don't have air conditioning.  :insane:

I'm in FL so even the thought of that makes me sweat (and my books mold).  When I lived in L.A., I never understood how so many places wouldn't have AC.  The summers there are brutal!

On 6/6/2022 at 1:24 PM, Beastfeast said:

I'm in FL so even the thought of that makes me sweat (and my books mold).  When I lived in L.A., I never understood how so many places wouldn't have AC.  The summers there are brutal!

I've never been to FL, but as I understand it, it gets really humid.  I've been in some humid places and the feeling of stepping outside and immediately dripping in sweat just seemed unbearable to me.  As such I'm surprised the LA summer would be brutal compared to FL summer for you.  That said, I'm in a part of NorCal where during even the hottest months, the in door temperature of my unit rarely exceeds 80 degrees.  Probably helps that I live in a ground floor unit with a reasonable amount of trees/shade around me.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Click on the link I provided. It explains everything.

MS Paint? Photoshop? Duct tape? Magnets? (shrug)

No really, what happened to restore it?