• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 8/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It will be included in my weekly e-mail for quality control.  I will be sure to mention he needs to make everyone aware they need to look for this problem.

On 8/18/2022 at 7:41 PM, CGC Mike said:

It will be included in my weekly e-mail for quality control.  I will be sure to mention he needs to make everyone aware they need to look for this problem.

Is this a QC issue or a grading issue?

• Administrator
On 8/18/2022 at 8:59 PM, manetteska said:
On 8/18/2022 at 8:41 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am not sure yet.  The QC manager will investigate this.  

On 8/18/2022 at 5:59 PM, manetteska said:

Every example posted in this thread actually represents (at least) two separate fails: the upstream staff member who whiffed, and the QC staff member who failed to catch the upstream error.  One pitch, two strikes.  :tonofbricks:

ump.thumb.jpg.d2eb530fb4df8ca8745a8cc0de0f5018.jpg

On 8/19/2022 at 5:38 AM, zzutak said:

the upstream staff member who whiffed, and the QC staff member who failed to catch

Can you blame them for avoiding such nasty upstream whiffs? 💩 🤮

Edited by KirbyTown

• Administrator
On 8/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, thingsofstuff said:

Just got a bunch back from the Adam Kubert signing.  Newton Rings don't bother me much but this random bit of paper ended up getting encased.

FYI @CGC Mike

Thank you for the heads up.

On 8/19/2022 at 11:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC is sending out my modern submission via USPS, when I chose FedEx....

Are they going to charge me more?

On 8/19/2022 at 11:32 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm on the phone with them, now I'm worried they wouldn't have charged me more but will switch it to FedEx and it WON"T GO OUT TODAY AND I"LL END UP WAITING THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME :(

:ohnoez: 

@CGC Mike

On 8/19/2022 at 11:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm on the phone with them, now I'm worried they wouldn't have charged me more but will switch it to FedEx and it WON"T GO OUT TODAY AND I"LL END UP WAITING THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME :(

False Alarm @CGC Mike I mean it happened that they shipped out USPS instead of Fedex like they were supposed to, so should still be reported? 

The phone operator compensated and I'm satisfied though, said it's a "known glitch" :shy: 

• Administrator
On 8/19/2022 at 12:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

False Alarm @CGC Mike I mean it happened that they shipped out USPS instead of Fedex like they were supposed to, so should still be reported? 

The phone operator compensated and I'm satisfied though, said it's a "known glitch" :shy: 

But, I just had security stop 20 trucks... 

On 8/19/2022 at 6:11 PM, KirbyTown said:

What'd they charge you for it?

The paper at the bottom of the case ... nothing it was included at no charge.  It's too bad it wasn't big enough to have an artist sketch or something. haha.

I called and CS told me to run it through as a ME, so hopefully nothing there also.  CS was very helpful for what's it worth.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, thingsofstuff said:

Just got a bunch back from the Adam Kubert signing.  Newton Rings don't bother me much but this random bit of paper ended up getting encased.

FYI @CGC Mike

16609255955997492337050254827809.jpg

I'll give 'em a pass on that one. After all, it's so  difficult to notice.

- yes that was sarcasm

On 8/12/2022 at 3:41 PM, rexinnih said:

Interesting, never noticed the "Inspected by" stamp before. One order shipped 8/4 and delivered doesn't appear to have the stamp on the invoice and one shipped the next day, 8/5, has "Inspected by Comics QC #2" stamped. Irony is one without the stamp, perfect. One with the stamp, looks like Vigilante wet himself. 

SubMariner 71 Wolfman signed JPEG.jpg

I just got 100 books back. Going through them now, and I'm noticing quite a few that look similar to the Vigilante book. Unlike the Newton rings I'm used to, these don't have the same pronounced rainbow effect.