• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2022 at 8:19 AM, pmWolf said:

Here's what I sent in:

SS3.thumb.jpeg.b483d0415b3b3da9217d5d0f2c3c345c.jpeg

And here is how it was returned:

SS3-4.5.thumb.jpg.bc5705d0d29e184faea2c73bff95372c.jpg

I have NO IDEA what happened, but I'm pretty dang upset. Let's just say that I was expecting it to be better than a a tape-pulled mess of a 4.5. 

Where do I even go from here??

Looks like the same book, you can tell by the upper left corner, but I'm just stunned... and so sorry that you have to deal with this. @CGC Mike

Probably time to start a list of people, even if just on this forum, who will not submit again, at least till something is done. Hell, 10 names is a start. I subbed 75 books last year. Thats 75 less in the future 

1. MetalPSI 

2. Gaard

3. DWL

Edited by MetalPSI
Adding names

• Administrator

I have NO IDEA what happened, but I'm pretty dang upset. Let's just say that I was expecting it to be better than a a tape-pulled mess of a 4.5. 

Please PM me the submission number and your customer id number.  I will assist you with this.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:22 AM, ak47po said:
Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging

Collectibles are authenticated, graded and encapsulated. Once encapsulated, they are re-examined to verify that the grade and accompanying description is correct. The holder is also checked for defects such as scuffs or nicks.

After grading and encapsulation, collectibles are imaged.

Quality Control / Finalized

Collectibles are inspected and approved in Quality Control before being carefully packaged to return to the submitter.

Shipped

Collectibles have been certified, imaged, inspected and approved in Quality Control, carefully packaged and are being shipped back to the submitter. Grades are now available for viewing online.

giphy.gif

I think CGC needs a president alone for QC. Or, actually have someone present for it. ???

On 11/11/2022 at 9:23 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I think CGC needs a president alone for QC. Or, actually have someone present for it. ???

There is a QC manager

Not sure what he does

On 11/11/2022 at 8:25 AM, MetalPSI said:

There is a QC manager

Not sure what he does

So some ding bat damages this man's book ( looks like tape pulls ), knows WTF they did, and encapulates it anyway, and out the door. Maybe the owner won't notice?

On 11/11/2022 at 9:30 AM, DR.X said:

So some ding bat damages this man's book ( looks like tape pulls ), knows WTF they did, and encapulates it anyway, and out the door. Maybe the owner won't notice?

Bingo

On 11/11/2022 at 6:25 AM, MetalPSI said:

There is a QC manager

Not sure what he does

Steps out the office for 5 seconds, let's the staff know that ME is piling up and says get these done at some point. Goes back to office and eats donuts and watches cat videos. hm

On 11/11/2022 at 9:37 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Steps out the office for 5 seconds, let's the staff know that ME is piling up and says get these done at some point. Goes back to office and eats donuts and watches cat videos. hm

My dream job :x

Here's what I sent in:

SS3.thumb.jpeg.b483d0415b3b3da9217d5d0f2c3c345c.jpeg

And here is how it was returned:

SS3-4.5.thumb.jpg.bc5705d0d29e184faea2c73bff95372c.jpg

Holy ----!!!!

Good reminder to take scans of all books prior to sending to CGC.