• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,152 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 2:38 PM, 850chris said:

Did they just correct it on their end? Like today? (Unless the guy really was a time traveler)

I am not certain if it was corrected or if it was when it was done. My guess is that the error occurred at the label stage. That is, the grader noted it was a replica but the label "maker" failed to "make it so" when producing the label.

On 8/23/2023 at 1:45 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I am not certain if it was corrected or if it was when it was done. My guess is that the error occurred at the label stage. That is, the grader noted it was a replica but the label "maker" failed to "make it so" when producing the label.

Agree about when the error occurred, but just a little confused on when it was corrected by CGC. The Grade Date is today's date, and the owner posted it last nightish (found it on igram). Did CGC see the post, so they corrected the record? So many questions...

Edited by 850chris

• Administrator
On 8/23/2023 at 2:38 PM, flchris said:

Did they just correct it on their end? Like today? (Unless the guy really was a time traveler)

I reported the incorrect label and entry, and it was supposed to be corrected today.  The customer was supposed to be notified to have the slab label fixed as well.

On 8/24/2023 at 12:37 AM, Domo Arigato said:

If I owned that Punch Comics........I would tell CGC that they missed the incredibly short time window I allow for fixing their major f*** up.

would you believe me if I told you the letter CGC sent to the owner asked that they send it back within 14 days of the receipt of the item

true story, I would have to.d them to pound sand, I’m keeping the book as is

On 8/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I would hope the label stage is merely someone pressing print and that whatever the grader noted is what would print.  If grader and encapsulation have the ability to enter different things, that seems problematic.

On 8/24/2023 at 3:28 AM, ExNihilo said:

I would hope the label stage is merely someone pressing print and that whatever the grader noted is what would print.  If grader and encapsulation have the ability to enter different things, that seems problematic.

I have no idea. Perhaps Mike can enlighten board members.

On 8/24/2023 at 1:38 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

would you believe me if I told you the letter CGC sent to the owner asked that they send it back within 14 days of the receipt of the item

true story, I would have to.d them to pound sand, I’m keeping the book as is

If that seriously is a true story......I would have instantly told them to **** off.

Seriously.....the ego being displayed because they think they can't be knocked off of their high horse. :facepalm:

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 8/23/2023 at 8:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

I reported the incorrect label and entry, and it was supposed to be corrected today.  The customer was supposed to be notified to have the slab label fixed as well.

Mike,

Does the grade date of 8/23 indicate when the comic book was graded, when the error was corrected, or both? My assumption is that it was graded prior to 8/23, e.g., 8/21, is that, I'll write in the negative, incorrect.

Thank you.

I think its safe to say any information on any label could be incorrect. That includes date, title, issue number, variant, ect..... and last but not least....... the grade given. Someone meant to enter 5.0 on that SA key but accidentally put 7.0