• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes - What a joke

163 posts in this topic

quick question -- when someone submits a book through a pre-screening process prior to CGC-- do they have notes? is that something worth keeping with the book?

I would have thought the answer would be no but I just checked some old prescreen submissions and some had grader's notes available. Interesting.

quick question -- when someone submits a book through a pre-screening process prior to CGC-- do they have notes? is that something worth keeping with the book?

Not with CGC...well at least I have never tried to look up notes on a failed one...I don't have one near me else I would see but I doubt that CGC keeps notes on failed books.

*edit* I have no freaking idea if CGC does lol

I am referring to actions PRIOR to CGC being involved.

I am referring to guys who provide screening services prior to submission.From what I've read here, that is a popular way to prep your books before going to CGC-- as they might suggest pressing or identify restoration before you waste time submitting something that would come back with a grade you didn't want to bother slabbing or possibly result in a non-blue label. I would imagine they might offer substantive notes on condition and qualitative reasoning that CGC does not provide consistently or in any level of depth (based on what I've read people say their grader notes from CGC contained).