• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Comic Cons--which ones? Opinions needed!

26 posts in this topic

Don't slabs sell poorly at most shows? (unless they're the keys of keys)

What are you doing up at 4:11...a little wake and bake perhaps? hm

I've sold slabs at shows before, I think most of the problem is many don't know how to price them (at CDN shows) I've seen WD #1 priced in 9.8 for 5k, MOS #18 9.6 for $250, 8.5 ASM #300's for $550, just absolutely ludicrous prices.

Jim

Don't slabs sell poorly at most shows? (unless they're the keys of keys)

What are you doing up at 4:11...a little wake and bake perhaps? hm

I've sold slabs at shows before, I think most of the problem is many don't know how to price them (at CDN shows) I've seen WD #1 priced in 9.8 for 5k, MOS #18 9.6 for $250, 8.5 ASM #300's for $550, just absolutely ludicrous prices.

Jim

I got a PS4 and it has severely affected my sleep schedule.

DWL, thanks, appreciate that. I will certainly let you know.

I think slabs do sell poorly for me as well Jimmy, but I don't have enough experience doing big shows to know.

Jim, all those CGC books you quoted the prices of, those were mine... :jokealert:

But I hear you about slab prices, and it's usually pretty true. I actually set up at a smaller show with one box of slabs (moderns, and new moderns especially like Black Science and Sheltered), and priced them at $45 Canadian. I actually sold 3 (big deal I know, however some of them moved and I felt pretty good about getting some money back anyways).

Thanks again guys,

Jay