• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2021 at 8:44 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

why?

people have been spec'ing on SS for a long time

the trailer did nothing to solidify that or give new info to non collectors

Doc Ock was the only SS member from that book shown, Green Goblin wasn't a SS member and the trailer only hinted at him

Because now the general public has seen the trailer.  Main page feature on yahoo and other sites about the 15 hidden theories of the trailer including the sinister six.  

I would think that there are a large number of casual collectors who haven’t researched or aren’t following spec theories daily.

Finally, Marvel doesn’t need to follow the exact sinister six team members as in the original comic. They have done that before in the movies.  Last time I checked, Sgt. Fury was a white guy in the comics.  

the general public/casual collectors are not speculators

if they buy they aren't going to do so until the see 6 villains on the big screen

and again, people that believe SS is coming have already driven the book up ... nothing shown in the trailer added anything to further advance that spec

maybe if the team was known as the Sinister 2 sales would be exploding

On 8/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

With the release of the teaser trailer, I’m surprised ASM annual 1 isn’t blowing up yet,  

I hope Marvel hold off for a bit, seeing as I have an ASM Annual #1 which I hope will be an 8.5 minimum sitting at CGC.

About a year would do - it might be done by then.....

These TAT's are ridiculous currently, so the longer the Sinister Six can wait to be seen, the better! :wishluck:

On 8/25/2021 at 11:52 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Because now the general public has seen the trailer.  Main page feature on yahoo and other sites about the 15 hidden theories of the trailer including the sinister six.  

I would think that there are a large number of casual collectors who haven’t researched or aren’t following spec theories daily.

Finally, Marvel doesn’t need to follow the exact sinister six team members as in the original comic. They have done that before in the movies.  Last time I checked, Sgt. Fury was a white guy in the comics.  

I reckon it's time for Captain Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders to appear.  lol

I reckon Marvel should do a good old fashioned war movie.

Last good one was that Brad Pitt film 'Fury' back in 2014.

Still a market for them - GI Jane, Fury, Private Ryan etc etc

On 8/24/2021 at 9:52 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

Most times the individual first appearances are stronger than team first appearances. I suspect we'll see those getting a bump here shortly...just took a look at ASM14 and appears it's already happening:

previous 5.0 $3200 AUG2021

previous 5.5 $3000 JUL2021

Capture.thumb.PNG.d67354fc1858d245aae605920c8a12b5.PNG

On 8/24/2021 at 10:38 PM, Beige said:

I reckon it's time for Captain Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders to appear.  lol

I reckon Marvel should do a good old fashioned war movie.

Last good one was that Brad Pitt film 'Fury' back in 2014.

Still a market for them - GI Jane, Fury, Private Ryan etc etc

War movies are still pretty hot in today's theaters. A lot of good ones have come out since Fury too, 1917, Darkest Hour, Hacksaw Ridge, Dunkirk, or if you want something with Sci fi or comedy there's Overlord or Jo Jo Rabbit, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. 

Now if Marvel could bring back the western that would be a true feat. Two Gun Kid, Kid Colt, Rawhide Kid or Phantom Rider movies would be interesting to see on the big screen. There hasn't been a really good western in about a decade at this point, I think Lone Ranger was their last big one to see screens and it was such a bomb Disney is gun shy to do any more.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:03 PM, pickycollector said:

Some SA books seem to cool down a bit. Avengers #6 CGC 9.2 sold for $1,722 last Tuesday, about the same of what CGC 8.5 of the same issue were selling for not so long ago

Probably lifted up by Zemo appearing in F&WS, and now cooling down?

On 8/25/2021 at 8:19 AM, Callaway29 said:

Most times the individual first appearances are stronger than team first appearances. I suspect we'll see those getting a bump here shortly...just took a look at ASM14 and appears it's already happening:

previous 5.0 $3200 AUG2021

previous 5.5 $3000 JUL2021

Capture.thumb.PNG.d67354fc1858d245aae605920c8a12b5.PNG

And a 7.0 just sold for $8100. Wowzers. I might be listing a 6.5 here on the boards very soon…

On 6/27/2021 at 8:04 AM, rexinnih said:

I'm really glad that as part of my Sub-Mariner fandom I completed my run of Tales to Astonish 70 - 101. 90 & 91 seem to be jumping now. 

This run is red hot at the moment.    But this latest sale of TTA #93 is hard to conceive.   The big prices has brought a lot of 9.6's, and 9.8's onto the market, but this sale...wow.image.thumb.png.860cab6f46708b8b46172e0e045f9403.png

On 8/26/2021 at 9:26 PM, Dark Knight said:

Strong price I thought for the Showcase #22 CGC 6.5.  Sold for $12,655

That's definitely a nice sale for that book/grade.... But man,  What a pathetic book, (in selling terms) :boo: youd think by now its at least double that price.  Seems like ive been hearing this book is due for a big jump in price for at least 20 years. It does go up in price. but at a snails pace. if that.

Edited by GAMBIT

On 8/26/2021 at 8:46 PM, pickycollector said:

Star Trek #1 CGC 9.0 just sold for $4,600, it's good to see a Gold Key book rising in value too

The 9.0 has 28 in census, which is prettly low for a late SA key?  And it did pretty well, as noted.  There are so few sales of Star Trek#1 that I don't know how much of that was catch-up as opposed to folks prioritizing low-census grades of keys more than in the past.  I've been underestimating the latter, so this is interesting.  Now there's a 9.2 W at Heritage (14 days left).  I wonder how that will do with only 11 in grade and only 16 (!) higher. 

Edited by Pantodude