• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Isn't 9,300$ a new record for a 3.5? That grade was at 7K last time I took a look, I didn't expect a near 30% increase in a couple of months.

since jan/feb many books have straight up doubled and tripled in value over a very short period of time. most of that has died down by now. but 2021 has been insane and illogical in terms of price leaps. for example, xmen1 4.5, jan 5th this year a copy sold for $10,100. may 9th, same book sells for $32k!! now its back down around 18k. nutso. so, thirty per cent is nuthin. 

4 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

since jan/feb many books have straight up doubled and tripled in value over a very short period of time. most of that has died down by now. but 2021 has been insane and illogical in terms of price leaps. for example, xmen1 4.5, jan 5th this year a copy sold for $10,100. may 9th, same book sells for $32k!! now its back down around 18k. nutso. so, thirty per cent is nuthin. 

You still didn't answer my question though, it that a new record for FF 5 in that grade? Or did it go up and drop like that X-Men 1 book?

Edited by William-James88

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

You still didn't answer my question though, it that a new record for DD1 in 3.5? Or did it go up and drop like that X-Men 1 book?

It looks like you have a picture of FF #5 in your original post. Did you mean that FF or DD #1? 

30 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

It looks like you have a picture of FF #5 in your original post. Did you mean that FF or DD #1? 

Oh man sorry  I have multiple conversations happening across these boards so I get my wires crossed sometimes. Yes, I meant FF 5. Has it also had a big gain followed by a dip or are the prices we are seeing new records?

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Oh man sorry  I have multiple conversations happening across these boards so I get my wires crossed sometimes. Yes, I meant FF 5. Has it also had a big gain followed by a dip or are the prices we are seeing new records?

I haven’t seen any dips in FF5 and I’ve followed pretty much every copy sold at the major auction houses in the last year… just up up and away…

Edited by dikran1

56 minutes ago, vader2001 said:

I have FF 5 CGC 3.5 and a JIM 85 CGC 5.0, what do you think, trade/sell?

If it was me JIM 85 I’d sell if I wanted to take profits, FF5 I’d hold until we see a teaser or trailer with Doom in it. And I don’t really think it’s a huge gamble to wait on Doom, Marvel/Disney aren’t going to sit on Doom and never use him, just a matter of when not if. Even if there’s a dip in prices leading up to that point I think when that happens it will climb enough to make it worth the wait. But that’s just me…

1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:
  Hide contents

Hasn't this actor been confirmed to be playing Kang for a long time now? Human nature is funny...

Spoiler

It is funny it's like as soon as they show up in screen the time to panic buy and raise prices is NOW! It's also that the whole variants thing in Loki means all his appearances could be different characters so each one could see an up tick. 

9 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

Yes and yes

Spoiler

Yes, but while we knew he was playing Kang, which suggests some of his other versions might appear, the version in episode 6 is 100% straight up Immortus, not Kang. So that's new.

Not sure movie fans or the speculator base will care unless they say the name, wh8ch they didn't, but for anyone who has read the comics, it's very clearly Immortus. The story is also based to a notable degree on Avengers #267-269 for those who care.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:56 PM, Wolverinex said:

I was looking into that and it looks like Thanos is still inching up a bit the last few weeks.  Not sure if this is a significant drop since the movies though. 

I was mainly debating if I should pick up an Avengers 8 copy now before it skyrockets even more or try to pick it up after the movie in a few years... but worried it may continue to go up. 

It's such a neat cover too for his first appearance. 

One of my comic  buddies online picked up a 7.0  W pages for 1,000 around the time I wrote this post a few months ago. 7.0 just sold for $ 4,000 today.     Incredible return.  He is going to list it soon.  The FOMO for Avengers 8 is real after Loki.  

Edited by Wolverinex

11 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

One of my comic  buddies online picked up a 7.0  W pages for 1,000 around the time I wrote this post a few months ago. 7.0 just sold for $ 4,000 today.     Incredible return.  He is going to list it soon.  The FOMO for Avengers 8 is real after Loki.  

That is quite the roi.  I listed a raw copy elsewhere, and had nary a look.  I was a bit frustrated at the time, but feeling much better about it now.

7 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

That is quite the roi.  I listed a raw copy elsewhere, and had nary a look.  I was a bit frustrated at the time, but feeling much better about it now.

Sadly I don't have an 8, but I do have a 23 (probably in a 3-4), and I wonder how it'll do. Likely to hold it now and wait to see when the character pops up again.