• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2022 at 3:13 AM, Aman619 said:

As for the common complaint that the auction houses will "bid you up to your max bid", Ive bought a lot and never seen this happen to me.  What does happen is that no auction house or consignor wants to let a book sell for an outrageously low price just cause no one showed up to bid.  In some cases the consignor bids or gets someone else to for him.  A friend, etc.

okay, I wasn't clear I guess. All I was addressing are these conflicting statements, one somewhat dismissing auction houses shilling and one indicating it is consignors who do shill. My point was why clear one and implicate the other when there is no way of knowing which is more prevalent. Don't look at consignors one way and auction houses another as they both have history and motive, but how much is not known.

I certainly have my bidding strategies to counter both, but can only guess (or use subconscious cognitive distortions..."I am smart and see one instance so I can spot them all" type thinking) how effective it is.

I cast no aspersions on any boardie in the thread and mean no harm. :sumo:

Edited by Bird

Copies of Flash 123 have dried up. A coincidence  or is there some rumour of something. I know it is undervalued, compared to Marvel (as all DC fans believe) but as is the case with most comics since 1960 not hard to find a copy. On ebay usually lots of copies from 2.5 to 7.0 over the recent years, now very thin (same with Mycomic shop) and now lots of very low grade copies emerging and selling.

Any one hear anything.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:16 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

Thanks. Another dumb question: what is the importance of Groot?

Was featured in movies. Seems to be very popular. Toys are made of him. 
Also he was technically the first silver age character created. Facts. 

On 3/20/2022 at 6:16 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

Thanks. Another dumb question: what is the importance of Groot?

Groot is awesome in our home. He is a big factor in our Guardians of the Galaxy pinball machine. His “powers” are not legendary, but there is a cool vibe to his storyline. I’d pay for a nice copy of TTA 13. E4B03A61-9154-4B5C-9AE5-19518C4C4025.thumb.jpeg.a26b748b8af9a7d371fe1cf57599991e.jpeg

Edited by GrasshopperFF

groot from the movies has captured the hearts of many fans out there. They were also smart with him, doing the teen age sullen groot and such. Maybe it is all due to the excellent work of Vin Deisel? (shrug)

Edited by Bird

On 3/20/2022 at 6:54 PM, Bird said:

groot from the movies has captured the hearts of many fans out there. They were also smart with him, doing the teen age sullen groot and such. Maybe it is all due to the excellent work of Vin Deisel? (shrug)

Sure, we can credit actors and I admit, it's actors that bring a bard's words to life... but we have to admit, Vin Diesel wouldn't be able to give such a performance if his dialogue was bland or unappealing. Something about the -script connects that character to people's hearts... I just... I just know it.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:59 PM, wisbyron said:

Sure, we can credit actors and I admit, it's actors that bring a bard's words to life... but we have to admit, Vin Diesel wouldn't be able to give such a performance if his dialogue was bland or unappealing. Something about the --script connects that character to people's hearts... I just... I just know it.

I was kidding about Vinster. I do realize the prior sentences were straight forward then I took a hard left

On 3/21/2022 at 6:20 AM, *Bronze age fan* said:

Was featured in movies. Seems to be very popular. Toys are made of him. 
Also he was technically the first silver age character created. Facts. 

Thanks for the information. I don't watch those movies but saw an ad so know what people are talking about now. So I remain in sublime indifference about this character. At least I can save some $$$ by not joining the rush for this book.

On 3/20/2022 at 7:26 PM, Albert Thurgood said:

Thanks for the information. I don't watch those movies but saw an ad so know what people are talking about now. So I remain in sublime indifference about this character. At least I can save some $$$ by not joining the rush for this book.

they have all sort of merchandise with the character. Tons.

On 3/20/2022 at 2:15 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Copies of Flash 123 have dried up. A coincidence  or is there some rumour of something. I know it is undervalued, compared to Marvel (as all DC fans believe) but as is the case with most comics since 1960 not hard to find a copy. On ebay usually lots of copies from 2.5 to 7.0 over the recent years, now very thin (same with Mycomic shop) and now lots of very low grade copies emerging and selling.

Any one hear anything.

Not really but I have noticed a lot of people buying as well

On 3/20/2022 at 2:15 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Any one hear anything.

Isn't there speculation they are going to use the Ezra Miller Flash movie to open up DC's multiverse as a way to exit (or co-exist with, if you will...)  the Snyderverse?  Or did I just make up a new rumor out of nothing?  :sorry: