• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2022 at 10:27 PM, Wolverinex said:

That is weird to see that a 7.5 with c/ow pages sold for more than a 8.0 with ow/w pages ???

Am I crazy to make a rather hefty purchase off of FaceBook? I appreciate the need for G&S PayPal, etc. But I am leery about sending money (a decent amount) without adequate assurances he will send the book. Am I being overly cautious and distrusting, or is it a dangerous place to deal? 

On 3/9/2022 at 8:21 AM, GrasshopperFF said:

Am I crazy to make a rather hefty purchase off of FaceBook? I appreciate the need for G&S PayPal, etc. But I am leery about sending money (a decent amount) without adequate assurances he will send the book. Am I being overly cautious and distrusting, or is it a dangerous place to deal? 

It's not crazy but i would get all their info, phone number, address. etc. Have they sold before and where? References?   Check out the home online and call them if needed.  Do what makes you feel confident about the transaction.  Personally, I wouldn't do it if I'm not feeling 100 percent they are legit  Your right to be cautious.

Edited by comic_memories

On 3/9/2022 at 10:57 AM, comic_memories said:

It's not crazy but i would get all their info, phone number, address. etc. Have they sold before and where? References?   Check out the home online and call them if needed.  Do what makes you feel confident about the transaction.  Personally, I wouldn't do it if I'm not feeling 100 percent they are legit  Your right to be cautious.

Well said! I have checked his instagram: icemancomics and see he has quite the following and reference checks. Guessing some of y’all know this seller? A lot of his slabbed stuff has eye appeal and seems priced to move. Ah, man, now I’m sound like a commercial for the guy! Still learning here. 

On 3/9/2022 at 1:10 PM, fett said:

just found this by accident-very cool history

just watched the whole thing, thanks for posting I hadnt seen that before :) 

On 3/9/2022 at 3:21 PM, GrasshopperFF said:

What I would suggest is for you to offer to pay an extra 3% so you can pay G & S. If the seller is not willing to do that, then find someone else to work with. Most sellers want PayPal F & F is to save the deduction of the 3% PayPal fee, not so they can rip you off.

Edited by Math Teacher

On 3/10/2022 at 8:49 AM, Math Teacher said:

What I would suggest is for you to offer to pay an extra 3% so you can pay G & S. If the seller is not willing to do that, then find someone else to work with. Most sellers want PayPal G & S is to save the deduction of the 3% PayPal fee, not so they can rip you off.

I thought you were going to Egypt