• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
25 25

4,103 posts in this topic

It's strange, JIM #103 is clearly one of those books that are being speculated upon and peddled around. I'm surprised everyone is so overly optimistic on that book. It's overpriced.

JIM 103 is one of those few Marvel SA books that's actually right-priced because, unlike so many other Marvels published around the same time, it is actually a tougher book above 6.0. Reminds me of most early SA DC semi-keys that are tough to find above 6.0.

..... not only is it tough in grade, all that vibrant color really pops in high grade. The Enchantress was also very well done in the Simonson run that brought the older collectors back to the title in droves. For them, it's almost exponential nostalgia. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....personally, I would love one in 9.0.....

So... a raw Fantastic Four #46 that the seller is labeling as a 9.9 and hoping to get $2500? Show me a CGC 9.9, then we will talk.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221729303352?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

link fail or spam? hm

Whoops, total link fail there, my apologies. I really didn't mean to show you a Hulk #13 auction that ended days ago, I promise!

This is the real link, I swear :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-Mint-9-9-White-pages-1966-Silver-Age-Inhumans-Black-Bolt-/161660453606?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a3b6c2e6

So... a raw Fantastic Four #46 that the seller is labeling as a 9.9 and hoping to get $2500? Show me a CGC 9.9, then we will talk.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221729303352?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

link fail or spam? hm

Whoops, total link fail there, my apologies. I really didn't mean to show you a Hulk #13 auction that ended days ago, I promise!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fantastic-Four-46-Mint-9-9-White-pages-1966-Silver-Age-Inhumans-Black-Bolt-/161660453606?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a3b6c2e6

Kelly's super heroes. Makes sense.

Am I the only one seeing this or has Journey Into Mystery #103 gotten a bump in price for no reason? I don't recall anything announced for the Enchantress.

Maybe just because its an awesome book ?

It's like holding a cross up to the vampire of speculation. :grin:

iu_zpscyyijcjv.jpeg

link fail or spam? hm

Is there a history here? Also the book is trimmed, that makes it at the very least worth less, if not worthless doesn't it?

Is there a history here? Also the book is trimmed, that makes it at the very least worth less, if not worthless doesn't it?

I believe that ebay id is just a reincarnation of some other known resto/scam(ish) seller. It's been discussed on the boards before, so I'm sure you can find something with a generic search.

Just the fact that they're comfortable calling a 50 year old book a CGC 9.9 should tell you they're not a legit seller.

Just the fact that they're comfortable calling a 50 year old book a CGC 9.9 should tell you they're not a legit seller.

This!

I'm not sure of MY 9.9 criteria, let alone someone else's.

I wouldn't even be comfortable after 9.4. Everything seems to be so subjective. When you're talking high grade raw, just tell me it's better than 9.2 We can go from there. :D

I believe that ebay id is just a reincarnation of some other known resto/scam(ish) seller. It's been discussed on the boards before, so I'm sure you can find something with a generic search.

Only one seller on eBay grades raw books 9.9....Dupcak.

I'm watching it right now. I sure regret selling my DD 1's now.

lol

I, fortunately, was able to hold onto my DD 1 7.0 SS copy.

Very curious to see what keys shoot up in response to this. I'm betting on ASM 50, DD1 and perhaps DD18 if it becomes "relevant".

DD's always been a user friendly run to pursue ..... not too pricey and still semi available..... but I see less of them available in real high grade. Roy just posted a DD 3 in his thread (no scans yet....) in CGC 9.2 for $ 900. That seems kind of reasonable for an early single digit copy of a very popular character. I don't keep track of Moderns a lot, but my friend Richard forced me to read "End of Days" not long ago, and it was very powerful. Daredevil was one of my go-to titles in the 60's....I didn't miss many issues. DD 1 still has a LOT of room IMHO ......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

DD's always been a user friendly run to pursue ..... not too pricey and still semi available..... but I see less of them available in real high grade. Roy just posted a DD 3 in his thread (no scans yet....) in CGC 9.2 for $ 900. That seems kind of reasonable for an early single digit copy of a very popular character.

I have two copies of #9 on my site, a 9.6 and a 9.4.