• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,101 posts in this topic

I'm curious if the show will create any movement in the two 9.4 copies of #1 that have been on eBay for a while.

.... it would depend on eye appeal and just how much higher than FMV they are. The books on eBay are often just the equivalent of a public "Sell Order"..... not to complain, I also do that with certain books. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Before the Affleck Daredevil movie, Wizard jacked up the prices, but I didn't see the books actually moving at a higher price. Why would it happen now?

It didn't happen then, because that poop stain of a movie ruined Daredevil for years. Just like the Green Lantern movie sent prices tumbling for GL keys. When movies are done well, (or series), then the books take off. This also applies to speculative fever before the product is released. (See Flash, Avengers, Iron man etc.)

Such a beautiful cover on #2.....I've always had a soft spot for DD Yellow..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I thought I was the only one who preferred DD in the yellow (such a better look IMO).

I'm in the same boat. LOVE yellow DD.

Yup I 3rd that. Love the Yellow costume especially issues 5 and 6

5 has one of the most gorgeous covers of the SA, in my opinion. I love the Wood inks over the Kirby pencils.

Before the Affleck Daredevil movie, Wizard jacked up the prices, but I didn't see the books actually moving at a higher price. Why would it happen now?

It didn't happen then, because that poop stain of a movie ruined Daredevil for years. Just like the Green Lantern movie sent prices tumbling for GL keys. When movies are done well, (or series), then the books take off. This also applies to speculative fever before the product is released. (See Flash, Avengers, Iron man etc.)

I'm talking about the run-up before the series came out. Why did everyone think first Purple Man was a good buy when details were still sparse?

Bottom line is buy DD if you like the books. Movies and other media have never done DD justice until now... As for guys that buy as investments , I wonder if they ever try to sell , it's not as easy and liquid as real investments. DD is kick and a lot of his silver age books have been seriously undervalued for years in comparison to other silver characters. I know there are more of the 1964 books in higher grade than the early silver age marvel but in the long run if you love DD books and are holding I don't think your going to be unhappy.

Netflix marvel = marvel max

Bring on the punisher. Marvel is on fire and they can go in so many directions I don't see it going away any time soon, if they can keep up there tv quality the movies will be judged separately.

Daredevil is my favorite comic character of all time and the series so far is excellent in a gritty Frank Miller tone. However, I am not sure this series will have a huge long term impact on values in the way we have seen with recent movie announcements like Inhumans, Black Panther.... I think we will see increased interest but not the frenzy of the last few years.

I think the Netflix format allows the fan to binge watch the entire series and it doesn't cause that weekly buzz build of traditional TV or regular news leaks of the movies. Fans like myself live and die for this exciting buildup and it gets us jazzed and wanting to buy more. Watching all 12 episodes in one week or weekend is shooting the proverbial load on the first date vs the slow tease of a long courtshp. I'm curious to see how this format works out.

Great series so far by the way. Stick and Wilson Fisk are very well written and acted parts.

I'm talking about the run-up before the series came out. Why did everyone think first Purple Man was a good buy when details were still sparse?

From what I've heard Purple Man will appear in the Jessica Jones series, not DD.

Daredevil is my favorite comic character of all time and the series so far is excellent in a gritty Frank Miller tone. However, I am not sure this series will have a huge long term impact on values in the way we have seen with recent movie announcements like Inhumans, Black Panther.... I think we will see increased interest but not the frenzy of the last few years.

I think the Netflix format allows the fan to binge watch the entire series and it doesn't cause that weekly buzz build of traditional TV or regular news leaks of the movies. Fans like myself live and die for this exciting buildup and it gets us jazzed and wanting to buy more. Watching all 12 episodes in one week or weekend is shooting the proverbial load on the first date vs the slow tease of a long courtshp. I'm curious to see how this format works out.

Great series so far by the way. Stick and Wilson Fisk are very well written and acted parts.

I don't see how a single release of 13 hours of programming is any more "shooting the load" than the release of a film. Both have a build up of anticipation that is released when you get to see the product, but the TV show has a much more significant payoff, IMHO. 13 episodes = much greater level of character development to build greater anticipation and fan base. I really think that TV, even when released in a batch like Netflix does, has the potential to drive demand more than films do.

From what I've heard Purple Man will appear in the Jessica Jones series, not DD.

The Purple Man was used very effectively in Alias. Creepy beyond belief. Evil at a Joker level.

The Purple Man was used very effectively in Alias. Creepy beyond belief. Evil at a Joker level.

Which is, basically, not the Purple Man. And this proves once again that Bendis more than often either did not know better or did not care anything for the characters.

Which is, basically, not the Purple Man. And this proves once again that Bendis more than often either did not know better or did not care anything for the characters.

Characters change. Just like people.