• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman Adventures 12

15 posts in this topic

8.5?

The book has multiple transverse spine creases, a blunted corner and a signifigant bit ofimpact damage at the top of the book, which effects the front cover, and goes stright through to the back cover.

7.5 is a much more realistic grade.You may even get a 7.0.

I wouldn't have it slabbed.

If you're looking to sell it, I'd put it up on eBay at a dollar starting bid with no reserve considering that raw ungraded copies are selling for over $200 in the VG/FN range.

I'd wager your copy would fetch around $400.Maybe more, maybe less but you wouldn't to wait for CGC to grade it and then likely get the same return , after grading fees are accounted for.

A lot of Harley collectors want a decent mid grade copy of the book, or a nicer copy like yours and do not want to put down big coin for a slabbed, lower end VF copy.

8.5?

The book has multiple transverse spine creases, a blunted corner and a signifigant bit ofimpact damage at the top of the book, which effects the front cover, and goes stright through to the back cover.

7.5 is a much more realistic grade.You may even get a 7.0.

I wouldn't have it slabbed.

If you're looking to sell it, I'd put it up on eBay at a dollar starting bid with no reserve considering that raw ungraded copies are selling for over $200 in the VG/FN range.

I'd wager your copy would fetch around $400.Maybe more, maybe less but you wouldn't to wait for CGC to grade it and then likely get the same return , after grading fees are accounted for.

A lot of Harley collectors want a decent mid grade copy of the book, or a nicer copy like yours and do not want to put down big coin for a slabbed, lower end VF copy.

I may need to stop looking at these on my smart phone. You are evidently seeing much more severity in the defects than I am. :tonofbricks:

-J.

My money is on a 8.0. Slab that puppy and lets see how it comes back. I've such a tough time grading these 7.5 / 8.0 books that it would be great to see the results.

That being said you will make more money selling it as a VF or VF- on E-Bay then getting it graded and having to pay $30 to get it graded. VF- or VF appear to be selling for $200 graded or ungraded.

tough to tell from the scans. that does appear to be an impact or thumb crease on the top edge above the word Original.

If so, I would have to go with 7.5. If not I think it has a shot at 9.0.

Wow, a lot of activity since I last checked. Thanks everyone.

8.5?

It does have that damage at the top of the front cover, but it doesn't go straight through to the back cover. That's in a separate spot from the front. Also, if it's worth anything, there's no damage on the interior pages behind those spots.

Not sure if I will get it slabbed then, right now I just have it on my shelf in a mylar and a toploader. And what can I say, I only paid $1.60 for it. Not planning to sell it unless I really need cash.

Personally, I'd leave it in the mylar. There is a lot of spine stress on both sides, stress at the top staple and with the damage at the top front cover, I can't see it getting more than a 7.5. Not harshing your book, just think 8's & 9's are over inflated IMO.

Didn't read the part of what you paid, nice. My wife bought my copy many moons ago out of a cheapy box, don't remember if it was .25, .50 or $1, those were the boxes she hit at shows. Even if you got it slabbed and decided to sell it, you'd probably come out ahead.