• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,163 posts in this topic

Saw this tragedy yesterday at a Vintage Stock in Kansas City. They tore the cover off a number of books to decorate the wall of their hallway to the back room. This is only the second copy of this book I have seen, it is quite rare in the wild in my experience. It hails from a Batman villain four pack that isn't common either (and expensive when you do see it sealed). :cry:

DetectiveAnn8onwall.jpg

Here you go;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252302404379

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311166529775

Saw this tragedy yesterday at a Vintage Stock in Kansas City. They tore the cover off a number of books to decorate the wall of their hallway to the back room. This is only the second copy of this book I have seen, it is quite rare in the wild in my experience. It hails from a Batman villain four pack that isn't common either (and expensive when you do see it sealed). :cry:

DetectiveAnn8onwall.jpg

Here you go;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252302404379

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311166529775

Thanks. I've got one already; I was just lamenting a copy of a fairly difficult DCU having been trashed.

Dang, I need a 100 9.8 (DCU or not). I know, I know, there are one or two on eBay/MCS, I just dont want to pay that much. I'd rather find it myself raw.

I bought one of those sealed packs to get my #100, as that one was tough for me even though I have found a ton of the other five books from that pack. The #100 was the only one that was beat up, so it may be a tough 9.8 unless different packs have been filled in a different order that would protect the #100.

Yeah the 100 I got has a bit of a rub on the color on the top corner. I grabbed it anyways as it was cheap and I like how the red DC Universe logo looks against the black. But yeah. it's definitely not a 9.8 condition. That would make sense that they came from the boxed 6 pack, as the 96 was damaged and I left it there. They had other Flash comics but not DC Universe logos. So I picked up 5 of the 6.

Just picked up a 3500 - 4000 book collection yesterday (nothing great, but it was cheap) and going through the first box tonight I found a small stack of Batman #521 DCUs. Do these carry any type of a premium yet?

Just picked up a 3500 - 4000 book collection yesterday (nothing great, but it was cheap) and going through the first box tonight I found a small stack of Batman #521 DCUs. Do these carry any type of a premium yet?

Some do, some don't, and sometimes it depends on luck of when you sell and who sees it for sale. Though announcing you have a stack of any given issue probably wint help the price of that particular issue.

Edited by Revat

I hate to say it, but that one is not a very rare one (rare ones, I believe, are BM 514 thru 517). However, if you list it on ebay, you could start out at $10 and describe it as "Batman 510 DC Universe logo variant" and see what happens. None of those DC Universe variants are easy to find, and if someone needs it they would probably gladly bid $10 for it. If there is competition, then even better.

Mile High Comics has a NM copy listed on their website for $27, so smart bidders would probably not go any higher than that.

Now, on the other hand, if you find an Action 706, Adv of Superman 530, Superman 95 or 117, or Superman Man of Steel 49 with the DC Universe symbol in the UPC box, then you hit the jackpot. If you contacted me right now and asked me to buy any one of those variants, I would gladly pay $100. The only one of those that I know for sure exists is the Action 706 DCU variant. A friend of mine found one in poor condition once, and there is one shown on the Atomic Ave website that sold many moons ago (it appeared to be in nice condition, according to the scan)

Edited by Cpt Kirk

I don't see the BA #14 on the list on 1st page. Does that list not include the bullet variants? Or, is that not what I have. I thought that is what they looked like with the small DC logo in upc box.

those are similar and often packaged together, but ultimately not the same thing. There is a list of bullets somewhere in this thread.