• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,163 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Warlord said:

Tons of box diving at Gem City Comic Con in Dayton.   Was coming up empty all day and found them all in the last hour or so by searching through about 20 boxes of comics at one dealer's tables.   Whew!

Damn it, really wanted to go to Gem City this year but couldn't make it happen. Jealous over here, this is exactly the sorta box diving gold I'd have been digging for!

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, Cpt Kirk said:
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, Wolverinex said:

Dang, lol.  So I shouldn't slab any of these...

Heck no!

If you're confident they'll get CGC 9.8 and you got them cheap, there's probably SOME value in slabbing.  You can probably sell them to some CGC 9.8 Bat-registry completionist folks, if you're patient and get lucky.  probably somewhere between $60-$100 each.  But that still might not be worth it, everyone's math is different.

1 hour ago, NormdaMarine said:

So I went to pick up a small collection today that was filled with mostly but could not believe my eyes when I found a pretty beautiful collection of High Grade DCU Logo Variants, then I saw these two! The GHOST aka  Looney Tunes #1520180327_143402.thumb.jpg.cf854ae95c2766a33fedf164602b026c.jpg!!!!!^^

20180327_143348.jpg

20180327_143357.jpg

Great pickups! That may be only the second known LT #15 unless someone else found one and kept it to themselves. 

There are two versions to Flash 96, the "regular" DCU edition and an actual second printing.  The "regular" DCU is from 1994.  The second printing is from 1996 (based on the advertisements -- the indicia shows 1994 like the original does).

The front covers are identical (the first printing is on the left and the second printing is on the right):

Spoiler

s-l1600_2.jpg

The back covers have different ads (again, the first printing is on the left and the second printing is on the right):

Spoiler

s-l1600_3.jpg

The inside front cover of the first printing:

Spoiler

s-l1600_4.jpg

The inside front cover of the second printing (note that it does say second printing in very bottom right corner):

Spoiler

s-l1600_5.jpg

A close-up of the indicia:

Spoiler

D9_D58317-12_E1-413_E-_A4_C8-8915_A29_C9

14 minutes ago, LittleRandRComics said:

There are two versions to Flash 96, the "regular" DCU edition and an actual second printing.  The "regular" DCU is from 1994.  The second printing is from 1996 (based on the advertisements -- the indicia shows 1994 like the original does).

The front covers are identical (the first printing is on the left and the second printing is on the right):

Hide contents

s-l1600_2.jpg

The back covers have different ads (again, the first printing is on the left and the second printing is on the right):

Hide contents

s-l1600_3.jpg

Hide contents

s-l1600_4.jpg

The inside front cover of the second printing (note that it does say second printing in very bottom right corner):

Hide contents

s-l1600_5.jpg

Hide contents

Huh, now I’ve got to see which one I have and try to find the other!

25 minutes ago, LittleRandRComics said:

Hide contents

s-l1600_2.jpg

Hide contents

s-l1600_3.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

s-l1600_4.jpg

Hide contents

s-l1600_5.jpg

Hide contents

whoa!!

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

And an obsession has begun...

You got that right.... Now I've got to check about 200 DC Universe variants to see if any others say "2nd printing" in the indicia.    To LIttleRandR, all I can say is:

1.  That was great detective work, and 

2.  Golblammitt!

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

Great pickups! That may be only the second known LT #15 unless someone else found one and kept it to themselves. 

Yes, the Looney Tunes 15 is truly rare... that is a great find.

15 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

You got that right.... Now I've got to check about 200 DC Universe variants to see if any others say "2nd printing" in the indicia.    To LIttleRandR, all I can say is:

1.  That was great detective work, and 

2.  Golblammitt!

And here’s the thing: I’ve occasionally checked the indicia of books as I’ve graded or scanned them, and sometimes DCUs say second print. Usually they don’t. Until now I would have assumed that these were consistent across individual books. But what if they aren’t?

9 hours ago, mysterio said:

And here’s the thing: I’ve occasionally checked the indicia of books as I’ve graded or scanned them, and sometimes DCUs say second print. Usually they don’t. Until now I would have assumed that these were consistent across individual books. But what if they aren’t?

I would love to hear form another other DCU collectors like you, LikeEmScanned, Warlord, Revat, etc about which ones say "2nd print" in the indicia.   Now I'm going through my inventory of all DCUs (hundreds of them, to see which have 2nd printing on them).  I will report back on this forum.

20 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

I would love to hear form another other DCU collectors like you, LikeEmScanned, Warlord, Revat, etc about which ones say "2nd print" in the indicia.   Now I'm going through my inventory of all DCUs (hundreds of them, to see which have 2nd printing on them).  I will report back on this forum.

That sounds like something I’ll work on this weekend when I should be grading and writing. I’m curious to see if there are any others lurking out there. If I find any I’ll note the back covers too. 

Ok, I did a few this morning just so I could make sure I was late to work. These are random from recent buys that I had waiting to be bagged/boarded.

Issue, yes/no on 2nd print in indicia (back cover design)

Action #699 no (NBA Jam)

Action #701 no (Knightfall novel)

Action #702 no (Mortal Combat teaser)

Action #706 no (Rise of the Robots)

Action #715 no (Demolition man ad at bottom)

Adv Superman #514 no (video game teaser w lightning)

Batman SOTB #56 no (Sliders)

Justice League #90 no (Six Flags)

Justice League Task Force #19 no (Rise of the Robots)

Justice League Task Force #23 no (Stargate)

Power of Shazam #16 no (Earthworm Jim)

Robin #22 no (Demolition man ad at bottom)

Superman #89 no (Weird Science)

Superman MOS #33 no (Weird Science)

Edited by mysterio

22 hours ago, mysterio said:

Ok, I did a few this morning just so I could make sure I was late to work. These are random from recent buys that I had waiting to be bagged/boarded.

Action #699 no (NBA Jam)

thanks.  I will give a report this weekend.

23 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I've noticed that some of them actually state that they are "collectors pack 1st prints" such as this GL 36

IMG_4314.PNG

Very interesting.... if you could let us know which issues you found with notes like this, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 3/28/2018 at 8:20 AM, mysterio said:

Action #699 no (NBA Jam)

I can hear it now.... it goes something like this:

Boss:  So Mysterio, I've noticed you have been at least 15 to 30 minutes late each day this week... what's up with that?

Mysterio:  Well, I've been busy checking the fine print at the bottom of several hundred comic books that have a funny looking "DC Universe" symbol on their front cover.

Boss:  OK.... totally understandable... let me know how it turns out.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:51 PM, LittleRandRComics said:

Reveal hidden contents

s-l1600_2.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

s-l1600_3.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

s-l1600_4.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

s-l1600_5.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

SCOOOOOOORE!

This came in the Flash Terminal Velocity pack (obviously)... Sweet copy too... as close to 9.8 as it gets

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg