• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men TV show from Fox
2 2

228 posts in this topic

The show is also too teen drama angsty.  Very formulaic and Dawson's Creek-y whenever there's anything tough to deal with, lots of long looks and canned drama moments.  I imagine they're doing that in lieu of having to spend $20 million per episode on visual effects, but they need to jazz it up more.  I'm tired of them bickering about whether or not to do something that's risky--I don't want to see that sheet, just do it, or not.  More doing, less talking for a quarter of the show about whether or not to do something.

I like the government agent whose daughter got wacked, he's a highlight of the show.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

The show is also too teen drama angsty.  Very formulaic and Dawson's Creek-y whenever there's anything tough to deal with, lots of long looks and canned drama moments.  I imagine they're doing that in lieu of having to spend $20 million per episode on visual effects, but they need to jazz it up more.  I'm tired of them bickering about whether or not to do something that's risky--I don't want to see that sheet, just do it, or not.  More doing, less talking for a quarter of the show about whether or not to do something.

I like the government agent whose daughter got wacked, he's a highlight of the show.

That agent is great, but he's got such a weird look.  like i feel like i know the dude, but he's not been in much I've seen.  He looks like a cross between Corey Booker and Tito Ortiz.

1 hour ago, Pete Marino said:
3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That agent is great, but he's got such a weird look.  like i feel like i know the dude, but he's not been in much I've seen.  He looks like a cross between Corey Booker and Tito Ortiz.

I remember him from Burn Notice (I think actually a somewhat similar role), and I'm pretty sure he was on one of the black sitcoms on the old UPN.  But he's pretty good.  I think so far they've asked him to do the most actual 'acting' on the show so far (ranked #2 is Johnny, who is actually ranked #1 (in all comic cinema/tv in powers that haven't been properly explained)

THE GIFTED: The Time For Mercy Is Over In The New Promo For January's Midseason Return

2kduvb3uve7qavbpabbug4322cr6.jpg

First up, as many correctly predicted,

Spoiler

Dreamer (Elena Satine) sadly paid the ultimate price in tonight's installment after she refused to obey the evil Roderick Campbell (Garret Dillahunt).

Then, at the end of the hour we were introduced to the real Esme as she betrayed her new friends to free her two telepathic sisters, confirming everyone's suspicions that she was indeed one of the Stepford Cuckoos

The show is off for three weeks, but will return on New Year's Day with an episode that sees the Cuckoos ask the Underground for a big favor. 

I've never even heard of the Stepford Cuckoos from Grant Morrison. But wow, what an impact they had on the show last night.

I eventually got around to watching the last 2 episodes tonight. FINALLY, something happened. From the Dreamer scene until the end is what I want from this show, not people sitting around talking and mutants running around NOT using their powers. 

'The Gifted' Finale to Feature Polaris Flashback

the-gifted-magneto-polaris-1063218-640x3

While The Gifted features many mutants from the X-Men universe with interesting histories, Polaris’ history has been of particular interest due to her famous father, Magneto, and some of that history will come to light in the show’s upcoming season finale.

Star Emma Dumont confirmed to TV Line that the two-part finale will include a flashback to Polaris’ past.

“Each episode we start with a flashback of a character’s history and the finale is hers, and her journey is really, really heartbreaking,” Dumont says. “She kind of has to decide, ‘What’s the difference between something you’re supposed to be and something you believe in?’ She knows about this guy who may or may not be her father — I mean, he is, and she kind of hates Magneto. She hates what everyone says about him because everyone in the world she’s in said he was bad and evil — so she’s sort of like, ‘Gosh, I believe the same things as this man. Does that make me bad, or does this mean I’m a fighter?'”

She’ll come to a conclusion about how to treat her mutant heritage by the end of the episodes.

“We see her work through that in Episode 12 and 13 [the season finale], and in the end, we find out what her decision is,” Dumont says. “This is the phrase I like to use: ‘She pulls something out of thin air.'”

“She hasn't heard great things about her father,” Dumont said. “She's heard bad things about her father, in fact. Her chosen family, the Mutant Underground, they don't think highly of him. They think he was a bad guy. Anyone would hurt a human is bad, even if it saves 200 mutants lives. It's still bad. But for her, it's not that bad. You know, having this man who, every couple of years will reach out to her, very ominously, or whatever, but still refuses to be in her life, she hates him, as most daughters whose father's abandoned them would. But she still can't deny she is exactly like him, in every way. Even her mutant abilities are the same. She is his only living birth child. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, sure. They're just made from his DNA. She is literally exactly like him, and she can't deny that, but she's really scared of it. She's really, really scared of it.

“Magneto plays a big part in the rest of the season even though he's never there, and it's a big part of her storyline.”

Last night's episode demonstrated why they had to bail on the Hellfire Club TV show. They are so inter-mixed with this show as it moves forward. I still think they could have used that show to lay the groundwork for general viewers to explain the foundation of the Hellfire Club, the characters involved and how their ambitions would conflict with the X-Men.

The Fenris link being demonstrated by Sentinel Services was certainly deadly. But what a way to escape.

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Season 2 approved.

That's generally good news, but I still want Disney to announce what they're going to do to work this into the Marvel universe.  If they don't say anything over the next year, I can only assume this doesn't fit in at all, and that will always be a bummer that looms over the show and makes you assume that no matter how good it gets they'll probably still cancel it in a year or two.

12 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Watched the latest episode finally. Loved the triplets. Good action too. Hopefully Polaris accepts her mutant heritage next ep.

I like them too.  Every time I see them I wonder when Emma Frost will show up...Skyler Samuels definitely looks like she could be January Jones's daughter.

MV5BMzQ1NTA0Mjg0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjM1 c09301beaeafa108ce654dbfcd5d84e5--januar