• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men TV show from Fox
2 2

228 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Doc McCoy said:

From the start I figured that the name Strucker couldn't have just been an oversight on the part of the producers and FOX.

Yea, it's got to be a direct reference to those two.

Is Rachel Summers Coming to 'The Gifted'?

Tonight’s episode of The Gifted introduced another key feature from the “Days of Future Past” timeline of Marvel Comics. Could this be setting the stage for the introduction of an X-Man from the same timeline?

Tonight’s episode of The Gifted confirmed that the series will introduce the Hounds, a group of brainwashed mutants from the “Days of Future Past” timeline who were forced to hunt down other mutants to imprison in concentration camps. The Hounds were controlled by the cyborg called Ahab, an X-Men villain also appearing in The Gifted.

The most famous of these mutants is Rachel Summers, aka Rachel Grey, Phoenix, Marvel Girl, Prestige, etc. Rachel is the daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey from the “Days of Future Past” timeline. She was forced to become a Hound when she was still a teenager, but, as she grew older and came into fuller possession of her Phoenix powers, she was able to break through her reprogramming.

The last episode was really good. I'm glad Polaris decided to go on the offensive with her actions instead of what's been established with the mutants always on the run or reacting to what Sentinel Services does. The character development continues to improve each week though I'm starting to get a bit sick of Caitlin always trying to protect/shelter her kids from what's going on. They're mutants, let them get involved. It seems like the effects are getting better as well. I'm enjoying the story so far and will continue to tune in.

Looks like the Fenris storyline may come out. Or at least hints to their family background that if not handled right could take them down a darker path.

THE GIFTED Will Introduce Andreas And Andrea Von Strucker In Episode 8: "Threat Of eXtinction"

154972.jpg

As soon as we found out that the main family from The Gifted bore the surname "Strucker", fans began to suspect that this might be a reference to Marvel Comics villain Baron Von Strucker, and sure enough, his twin children are set to be introduced in episode 8 of Fox's X-Men spin-off. Here is an official synopsis for ""Threat Of eXtinction", which confirms that Andreas and Andrea Von Strucker, a.k.a.Fenris, will make their debut in the Nov. 20 episode.

“REED DISCOVERS HIS FAMILY’S HIDDEN PAST ON AN ALL-NEW “THE GIFTED” MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, ON FOX

More refugees pour into the Mutant Underground, but the group faces a threat when they discover one of them is a spy working for Sentinel Services. Meanwhile, Reed visits his estranged father and learns that secrets from his family’s past could prove useful in the all-new “threat of eXtinction” episode of THE GIFTED airing Monday, Nov. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-108) (TV-PG L, V)

Sounds like they're most likely

Spoiler

the kids' aunt and uncle.

Very interesting twist, and a MAMMOTH freakin' spoiler.  :frustrated:

The author's article should have denoted the spoiler at the top of the article, and you should have put that in a spoiler tag.  (tsk)

Edited by fantastic_four

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Sounds like they're most likely

Hide contents

the kids' aunt and uncle.

Very interesting twist, and a MAMMOTH freakin' spoiler.  :frustrated:

The author's article should have denoted the spoiler at the top of the article, and you should have put that in a spoiler tag.  (tsk)

Aren't you the one that always proclaims if you don't want to read spoilers, don't read the threads ahead of time?

:makepoint:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Aren't you the one that always proclaims if you don't want to read spoilers, don't read the threads ahead of time?

No, I'm the one that always proclaims that if you don't want to read spoilers, don't read these threads immediately following an episode.  I saw this week's episode, so I thought I was safe.  I didn't realize someone would post something that NOBODY has seen that is impossible to not be a spoiler for anyone who ever reads it between now and next Monday.

The only way to be safe from the posting of spoilers about unaired episodes is to just never read a thread about that show.

Edited by fantastic_four

Just now, fantastic_four said:

No, I'm the one that always proclaims that if you don't want to read spoilers, don't read these threads immediately following an episode.  I saw this week's episode, so I thought I was safe.  I didn't realize someone would post something that NOBODY has seen that is impossible to not be a spoiler for anyone who ever reads it between now and next Monday.

splitting-hairs.jpg

:makepoint:

It's not splitting hairs to call a spoiler for everyone a spoiler.  You're rejecting the entire idea that anything can be a spoiler for everyone, and that's simply false.  The only person that wasn't a spoiler for is the four days away future version of everyone who reads this thread.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

It's not splitting hairs to call a spoiler for everyone a spoiler.  You're rejecting the entire idea that anything can be a spoiler for everyone, and that's simply false.  The only person that wasn't a spoiler for is the four days away future version of everyone who reads this thread.

If you read 'Episode 8' - a future episode - and continued on, blame your decision-making. Not your need to cause yet another little flare-up over the silliest of concerns.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

If you read 'Episode 8' - a future episode - and continued on, blame your decision-making. Not your need to cause yet another little flare-up over the silliest of concerns.

Why do you like to even spoil things for yourself?  That was a spoiler for you, too.

Why do you like to even spoil things for yourself?  That was a spoiler for you, too.

It was clear what was coming this entire time once the backstory was brought up to the actors, and they immediately laughed and said they couldn't say anything about it. That's what happens when you use the source material as a reference. I'm totally okay with that news.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

It was clear what was coming this entire time once the backstory was brought up to the actors, and they immediately laughed and said they couldn't say anything about it. That's what happens when you use the source material as a reference. I'm totally okay with that news.

I'm not sure that the Walking Dead set this precedent, but I can say that's the first show I've watched that uses the technique of mixing up what they took from the comic with completely new plot and story points in an effort to make things fresh.  I love the idea of that because it has indeed made my watching of the show not just be a story where I know everything that's going to happen.  Gifted is definitely using this same technique, and I agreed with whoever it was that suggested maybe this brother and sister are the Fenris twins--I think that was you, if memory serves--only in this iteration they're not twins.  An idea I believe you also reinforced after this last episode where they channeled their powers together in a similar way that the Fenris twins did.

So no, it wasn't at all obvious to me or the past version of you.  Nor could it have been because of the way the show is altering characters and plot points from the comics.  It's a cool twist though, throwing the kids at us and then later doing what it sounds like they're doing.

But wait...this is for episode 8?  Monday's episode was 5, so this is a spoiler from two and a half weeks from now.  Sheesh.  :frustrated:

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm not sure that the Walking Dead set this precedent, but I can say that's the first show I've watched that uses the technique of mixing up what they took from the comic with completely new plot and story points in an effort to make things fresh.  I love the idea of that because it has indeed made my watching of the show not just be a story where I know everything that's going to happen.  Gifted is definitely using this same technique, and I agreed with whoever it was that suggested maybe this brother and sister are the Fenris twins--I think that was you, if memory serves--only in this iteration they're not twins.  An idea I believe you also reinforced after this last episode where they channeled their powers together in a similar way that the Fenris twins did.

So no, it wasn't at all obvious to me or the past version of you.  Nor could it have been because of the way the show is altering characters and plot points from the comics.  It's a cool twist though, throwing the kids at us and then later doing what it sounds like they're doing.

But wait...this is for episode 8?  Monday's episode was 5, so this is a spoiler from two and a half weeks from now.  Sheesh.  :frustrated:

Should have stopped reading when you read Episode 8. Why spoil things for yourself like that?

:makepoint::baiting:

But I do like how the show is not only making it a Supers vs. Normals situation, but also how either side can act based on assumptions about what they perceive to be the goals of the other side. This last episode (I think we are safe to talk about that) showing how the forced actions of mutants led to the death of unsuspecting people in the area isn't because Mutants are bad people. At times their hands are forced, leading to a destiny created through actions that could have been avoided. It keeps the show more real and relateable when comparing to events of our times.

Polaris is becoming more of a prime character than I expected. But also seeing how the Mutants have impacts on one another leading to distrust within their own ranks seems realistic, if such powers could be developed. Dreamer forcing Blink to act a few episodes ago now seems to backfire when the latter realizes her memories are not her own. So less 'us against the normals' and more of a realistic situation. It helps make this show that much better.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Should have stopped reading when you read Episode 8. Why spoil things for yourself like that?

Because I don't track episode numbers.  I had no idea what episode we were on until I read the spoiler and realized it was for something we hadn't seen yet.

Because I don't track episode numbers.  I had no idea what episode we were on until I read the spoiler and realized it was for something we hadn't seen yet.

Well, now you realize sometimes these articles may have something YOU may not want to read in advance. We live and we learn as we go.
:angel:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Well, now you realize sometimes these articles may have something YOU may not want to read in advance. We live and we learn as we go.

The only thing I've learned is that I have a new appreciation for Netflix releasing everything at once; with those shows, I avoid the thread until after I've watched the season if it's a show I definitely want to see.  With these one-episode-per-week shows, these threads are vulnerable to people who don't give a hoot about spoilers spoiling future episodes for everyone.  And given that you don't even acknowledge it as a mistake, I suppose my options are live with it, stop reading threads on the weeklies, or just put you on ignore.  Haven't worked out the best option yet.  (shrug)

Edited by fantastic_four

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

The only thing I've learned is that I have a new appreciation for Netflix releasing everything at once; with those shows, I avoid the thread until after I've watched the season if it's a show I definitely want to see.  With these one-episode-per-week shows, these threads are vulnerable to people who don't give a hoot about spoilers spoiling future episodes for everyone.  And given that you don't even acknowledge it as a mistake, I suppose my options are live with it, stop reading threads on the weeklies, or just put you on ignore.  Haven't worked out the best option yet.  (shrug)

Well, since I often use spoilers for these things, I guess it shows you are making a mammoth out of a mouse. Go back and check my posts - to include yesterday's Justice League rumor.

(shrug)

But you'll post a bit more about this to feign how horrible this has gotten out of control.

:preach:

Another good episode, where they focused on the characters and their experiences versus just showing amazing powers being used in massive battles. I like it.

And they keep it glued to the X-Universe by hinting at previous discussions with the X-Men about the dangers of the future, including the Sentinel Services hunting down mutants.