• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transformers 4

152 posts in this topic

Saw this the other night. I wasn't expecting much to begin with anyway, but I did enjoy it. IMO, about 30 minutes too long. And for a huge part of the marketing being based on the Dinobots, they introduced them way too late in the movie, and didn't have enough to do. Really didn't explain how they existed either.

Yes they did the Dinobots along with Optimus Prime were being taken back to their makers aka the Quintessons. That is being saved for the 5th film.

So they were built, but, unless I missed it, I don't remember it mentioning where Lockdown had captured them, and why they were "dino"bots.

Saw this the other night. I wasn't expecting much to begin with anyway, but I did enjoy it. IMO, about 30 minutes too long. And for a huge part of the marketing being based on the Dinobots, they introduced them way too late in the movie, and didn't have enough to do. Really didn't explain how they existed either.

Yes they did the Dinobots along with Optimus Prime were being taken back to their makers aka the Quintessons. That is being saved for the 5th film.

So they were built, but, unless I missed it, I don't remember it mentioning where Lockdown had captured them, and why they were "dino"bots.

All I got was "explosion, explosion, bang-bang-bang, p-chew" from it. I was hoping for at least a "me Grimlock, me king." Oh, well. You don't always get what you want.

That is what the whole 5th film is suppose to be about

That is what the whole 5th film is suppose to be about

Well then, I guess I'll find out next time. However, I believe the dinobots were more of a gimmick for this film rather than setting up for the next. Are they even going to be in the next one?

I got tired of reading the internet trolls complaining about the movie and -script.

It was a straight up three hours of bone crushing robot fights. Which I love!

Agreed! (thumbs u

Just came back from seeing it.

What an amazing movie. What summer blockbuster movies are supposed to be about.

Not boring, but wall to wall balls action.

The ultimate Transformers movie. The best Transformers movie.

PROS

Mark Wahlberg is a huge improvement over Shia LaBeouf.

Kelsey Grammer plays an evil government agent who is not nice.

Also Stanley Tucci

stanley-tucci-and-li-bingbing-star-in-new-images-from-transformers-age-of-extinction-162012-a-1399012668-470-75.jpg

was awesome,and added a bad performance as power mad billionaire.

The special effects were a work of art, and those people who made them that good should be commended on a job well done!

CONS

The Dinobots like Electro in ASM 2 really didn`t have to be in the movie.

So in conclusion we will find that Transformers: Age Of Extinction is

a great summer popcorn movie that should lead to another Transformers trilogy. :cloud9:

300px-Transformers-_Age_of_ExtinctionOptimusPrimePoster.jpg

Did it really have to be 3 hours long ?

Yes, and it went by fast. If you went to get popcorn you would have missed something. It`s weird when I started watching these superhero/sci-fi and action movies around 2005 I thought 90 minutes was too long, but now if I don`t get at least 2 hours I feel ripped off. I do see most of these movies mid-day, so I am wide awake. I could see someone who goes at a 9 or a 10. pm show would be tired and three hours would be too much for them. :)

I remember going to see Batman Dark Knight in 2008,and the two people I was with nodded off, and complained it was too long. I loved Batman Dark Knight, but they didn`t because they had poor sleep habits. If they had watched it at a different time they would probably have loved it, so Go figure. (shrug)

Have not seen the movie, but Optimus riding on Grimlock's back?? I don't know.... (shrug)

In the past these Transformers movies were just about robots smashing each other. This one was different. It had a theme on how drones and government surveillance tactics could or will be be dangerous to the human species.

I thought it was slick how they got that message out to the masses. I get a kick out of how some people think it`s just an innocent movie about robots and explosions.

It makes a statement about how the government is playing with our freedom with NSA. Kind of like how Star Trek got away with discussing important stuff in the 1960s because people thought of it as just a geeky sci-fi show at first. Little did they know. ;)

I enjoyed the movie.

Only thing was I have Mark Wahlberg and his whole family as the annoying part of the movie.

When his friend was killed I was very happy. His lame jokes were just brutal. He was funny in the movie She is out of my League, but just annoying in this film

Please for Transformers 5 take all humans out of the equation.

I want where Prime leaves earth at the end of the movie to never come back till maybe the end of Transformers 5. Next movie needs to be all about machines only!

I enjoyed the movie.

Only thing was I have Mark Wahlberg and his whole family as the annoying part of the movie.

When his friend was killed I was very happy. His lame jokes were just brutal. He was funny in the movie She is out of my League, but just annoying in this film

Please for Transformers 5 take all humans out of the equation.

I want where Prime leaves earth at the end of the movie to never come back till maybe the end of Transformers 5. Next movie needs to be all about machines only!

with spoiler two.

:wishluck:

I saw a news piece talking about this movie. Hollywood is really pushing hard for Chinese dollars. Casting Chinese actors, setting the film in Hong Kong, even product placement for name brand milk from a Chinese company were all calculating to bring more to the movies. While the US market is basically stagnant due to competition for entertainment dollars, the box office receipts in China are exploding.

I saw a news piece talking about this movie. Hollywood is really pushing hard for Chinese dollars. Casting Chinese actors, setting the film in Hong Kong, even product placement for name brand milk from a Chinese company were all calculating to bring more to the movies. While the US market is basically stagnant due to competition for entertainment dollars, the box office receipts in China are exploding.

this movie will do bigger BO in China (already at $210mm) than in the US (will peter out around $250mm).

this movie will do bigger BO in China (already at $210mm) than in the US (will peter out around $250mm).

BOX OFFICE: TRANSFORMERS 4 Is China's Highest Grossing Movie Ever...After 2 Weeks

The fourth Transformers movie has earned $222.74 million, surpassing the $221 million record held by Avatar. Currently sitting on $575 million worldwide, it doesn't look as if Bay's latest beast will be slowing down anytime soon.

Doesn't this rating pretty much say it all

Transformers 4 Feedback

Nope it says the critics and the average public is mindless drones who need to be spoon fed everything to like a film. This film was great.

+1

My thoughts edited from my water cooler review. :)

It looks like it will be the biggest box office movie of the year. I got to feel sorry for all the haters of Bay and Transformers.

I get a kick out of the ones who think they are intelligently superior over people who like Transformers. It`s like people who come up to you, and say you watch professional wrestling? Don`t you know it`s fake? Of course I do, but it entertains me once in awhile. These Transformer movies come out once every three years. One time in three years just like the World Cup is every four years.

So to the haters let us have our robotic fun. ;)

transformers_age_of_extinction_grimlock-optimus-poster2-610x892.jpg

e64dc7b0-a3fc-11e3-bfb9-a51d2c3d4e2b_transformers4_3posters_blog.jpg