• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What cleaning product do you guys use to clean a cgc holder?

27 posts in this topic

Go to your local auto parts store and pickup a bottle of Meguiar's PlastX.

Run's about $7 to $10. Stuff lasts forever.

It is a clear plastic cleaner and polish.

It removes the sticker residue from ComicLink and Metropolis Stickers while trying to peel them off.

This stuff is great and only a little dab will do ya.

Meguiar's PlastX

Silver age book? Silver age dirt on the case as well. Clean? Never!! :sumo:

I use goo gone on the sticker residue.If they need cleaning, I'd use lcd/plasma screen cleaner. If its good enough for a tv screen, then it absolutely won't hurt your case. It's also a gel rather than a liquid base in most cases, so no running liquid down the case. (thumbs u

On 1/6/2015 at 5:03 PM, Timeless icons said:

Silver age book? Silver age dirt on the case as well. Clean? Never!! :sumo:

I use goo gone on the sticker residue.If they need cleaning, I'd use lcd/plasma screen cleaner. If its good enough for a tv screen, then it absolutely won't hurt your case. It's also a gel rather than a liquid base in most cases, so no running liquid down the case. (thumbs u

I asked this seller what happened this was his response.

"My ex girlfriend bought this for me awhile ago but when she took off the price tag not all of it came off so she tried to use goof off to take off the rest of the stickiness, lol, so ya that’s why it’s like that"

I'd avoid the goo gone.

googonr.png

On 8/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, MoonDinosaur said:

"My ex girlfriend bought this for me awhile ago but when she took off the price tag not all of it came off so she tried to use goof off to take off the rest of the stickiness, lol, so ya that’s why it’s like that"

I'd avoid the goo gone.

googonr.png

Perhaps it was a particular brand she used?  I've been using it for years for labels on both old and new cgc cases with no issues and it comes out perfectly clean with no scuffing at all and afterwards, I take a paper towel and with just a few drips of water on it, I wipe any left over residue off it, then dry it with another paper towel. This is the exact one I've used many times. I should also point out that I peel off most of the label by hand and once there is only the glue from the label left, I spray the paper towel (not the cgc case) so I can control how much goes in the concentrated spot I'm removing and lightly clean away what's left. Once done, there is no trace of any label or scuffs at all. 

49XZ47_AW01.jpeg

Edited by Timeless icons

On 8/28/2021 at 11:49 PM, MoonDinosaur said:

:whistle: