• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities GA Meetup

45 posts in this topic

Plastic on the windows.

Reason ? As a European I cannot fathom an explanation.

minus 30 and windy conditions = cold and drafty in the home. Plastic on windows helps to insulate. The real solution would be to replace the single pane windows with more efficient versions but that is expensive, plastic is a cheaper alternative. Also prevents frost build up on the inside of the window.

Hey! It's not that bad-- it's only supposed to be -25C today. :insane:

:wishluck: I hope it warms up the week of the 19th Jan while I am there.

Great pics! (thumbs u

I spotted a copy of Hit 3 in the background of the first pic. Is that the 8.0? I think that David Merryweather owns the 8.5 and I have the 6.5. Just being curious...

Nice books. Who's "who" again in the pics? :)

+1

Okay. I'll give it a try, but I'm bad with names...

HRCostigan (Fox Features) and 143ksk (MLJ, but brought over some awesome pulps)

IMG_2107_zps854d026f.jpg

XavierLogan (almost everything) and Frisco Larson(ditto)

IMG_2105_zpsf45af194.jpg

Frisco Larson and Hamlet (EC)

IMG_2103_zps7e7ef912.jpg

143ksk and cosmic farmboy(not sure of focus. Like Frisco and Xavier seems to have lots of stuff)

IMG_2106_zps3cad8756.jpg

Not Pictured thunsicker (Schomburg covers and Spirit Sections)

I'm sure I got the collecting foci off a bit. You are all welcome to correct as you see fit... ;) Sorry I didn't do the pics of all the awesome comics that came over. Lots prettier than the 7 of us schlubs.

Plastic on the windows.

I have double pane windows on all my windows except for the two big picture windows on the front of the house. I'd buy double panes here too, except they are really expensive to get them custom made for those big windows and I have to save all my money for comics (and kids).

It's actually been pretty chilly in Socal as of late. I've had to dig through the drawers to find socks before venturing outside.

I recall when I lived in Brooklyn many years ago, my apartment was so drafty, that even with ample steam heat and plastic on the windows, I used to make my dog sleep between me and the bedroom window

Just had cosmic farmboy, HRCostigan, Hamlet, Frisco Larson, Xavier Logan, and 143ksk over for a Twin Cities GA meetup. Great stories, great comics, great fun. Thanks for coming over, guys:

IMG_2105_zpsf45af194.jpg

That Xavier Logan sure is a beefcake stud muffin of a man :luhv:

...and now he is a tad frightened.

:o got that right. gonna have to keep my distance from Pons in Sarasota..

Plastic on the windows.

minnesota-endless-winter_zps85807369.jpg

Actually not too far off,Michael! Had my kids at a soccer tournament in June this year in Duluth..it was sleeting and in the 30's Just think of the page preservation due to our frigid climate though. :grin:

Thanks Tim. Who does the Bats1 belong to?

The Batman 1 is my copy. Wanted one for as long as I can remember and finally made it happen a few years ago.

batman1_zps056fada0.jpg

..which indirectly led to me getting this one from a mutual friend who rarely if ever has to worry about the cold!

We both got our grails brother.

terrific5.jpg

Plastic on the windows.

Actually not too far off,Michael! Had my kids at a soccer tournament in June this year in Duluth..it was sleeting and in the 30's Just think of the page preservation due to our frigid climate though. :grin:

I sure hope that thought keeps you and Jimbo warm in winter! It's cold enough here in the UK. What you guys cope with over there would bring our entire country to a shivering standstill.

Plastic on the windows.

I sure hope that thought keeps you and Jimbo warm in winter! It's cold enough here in the UK. What you guys cope with over there would bring our entire country to a shivering standstill.

My sister said her kids were taking a wagon around gathering up the meager snow they got in Loughborough to build a snowman. Poor kids. ;)