• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

But here was the score of the day! Some guy had tons of books for $5. each. I looked but gave up 'cause most of them I had zero interest in. As I stood up the spine of this caught my eye and I dived on it. I have most all the censorship books but this one has always eluded me. Scarce because it was published in England. Has a bunch of comic illustrations just like SOTI. Well worth the drive and getting up at 3:30 AM!

paradeofpleasure_zps2u09pcf3.jpg

It is an English edition but 2nd print. I don't really care because I just wanted a research copy. The guy with the pulps said he had a bunch more that aren't in as nice condition. I told him to bring them to this weeks show and I will take a look. I generally like better condition pulps and mostly the horror, crime and girly ones but I am not opposed to Sci Fi ones if they have nice covers.

Can't be very many of these still around since it was for a high school graduating class.

madgraduatepin_zpsta1zwty7.jpg

Erasmus Hall High Scool is on the corner of Church Street and Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn. It stands across from one of the oldest Dutch Reformed Congregations in Brooklyn. When the Dutch settled the area in the 1700's it was rural farmland. Today you exit Church Street station into a wild melting pot of a neighborhood of mostly African persuasion. Worth a visit for the adventurous. Say hello to my ancestors in the church graveyard; they bear silent witness to centuries of change!

After NYCC, I visited Roger's Time Machine and found two of these and thought of you, Robot Man, and had to purchase the nicer one. From the sixties, but after I saw Robot Man's MAD bust, I had to get one. Roger is a great guy.

image_zps9hbebner.jpeg

Nice score! Those came in two sizes. I sent away for the small one when I was a kid. As I got older, I found all the rest of the ones in my MAD picture on this first page. They issued a small and a large one and I got one from the publisher of the Sweeden MAD that is in between size. I also have several other early pre-MAD ones over the years. The ones in my picture are all I know of.

Can't be very many of these still around since it was for a high school graduating class.

madgraduatepin_zpsta1zwty7.jpg

Erasmus Hall High Scool is on the corner of Church Street and Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn. It stands across from one of the oldest Dutch Reformed Congregations in Brooklyn. When the Dutch settled the area in the 1700's it was rural farmland. Today you exit Church Street station into a wild melting pot of a neighborhood of mostly African persuasion. Worth a visit for the adventurous. Say hello to my ancestors in the church graveyard; they bear silent witness to centuries of change!

Nice to know where it came from. I bought it from a lady out here at The Rose Bowl flea market years ago. How it ended up out here, I have no idea.