• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2017 at 9:31 AM, kimik said:

This will be a tough one to pull off as a solo film IMHO. I would rather see them re-intro the character in an X-Men movie and then spin the film out of that. Or, add him as a character in the next Deadpool film and then do an R-rated Gambit.

I agree with everything except the R-rated part.  Gambit isn't an R-rated character (unlike Deadpool and Logan).  I just don't see a Gambit movie filled with adult humor or violence.  A PG-13 rating would be perfect.

Channing Tatum Reveals The 'Gambit' Movie Is Starting Over

According to Channing Tatum, Gambit's many delays just might end up being a good thing.

Tatum, who is expected to play the X-Men character in 20th Century Fox's upcoming solo film, recently addressed the film's lengthy creative process in an interview with HeyUGuys. And as he explained, the film's -script is essentially starting from scratch, after plenty of previous creative woes.

"Now we’re really getting to do some of the things we’ve always wanted to do with the -script." Tatum revealed. "We’ve just sort of started over."

As Tatum has since explained, the delays allowed fellow Fox/Marvel properties Deadpool and Logan to break the mold of superhero storytelling - something Gambit's -script had been trying to do.

"I think we got lucky," Tatum explained, "We got hit with some setbacks and it was all for a good reason. We were trying to do something completely different. We were trying to do something that this genre of movie hasn’t seen before. We kept running into the same problems, and then Deadpool and Logan came through and kicked the doors down."

Channing Tatum Explains Why He Loves Gambit

gambit-channing-tatum-1018934-640x320.jp

A less committed actor may have already given up on the project, which has lost two directors, but Tatum has been a fan of Gambit for a long time.

"There wasn't a comic store, but the cartoon was on TV and he was this cool Cajun guy," Tatum tells The Straits Times, recalling the popular X-Men: The Animated Series, which debuted 25 years ago.

Tatum was so inspired by Gambit that he pretended he was the character, swinging a homemade version of Gambit’s staff and emulating the mutant’s energy-charging abilities using a deck of cards, the character's signature weapon.

"And he was the easiest person to play as a kid because you could just unscrew the broom handle, get a pack of cards and wrap a bandana around your head. We had a lot of fun throwing cards and trying to take our friends' eyes out across the living room," Tatum says.

Tatum’s attraction to the character comes from Gambit’s cultural roots, which are firmly rooted in the same Cajun heritage that Tatum grew up in.

"He is just cool, man,” Tatum says. “He is one of the few superheroes that has an actual culture to him. He doesn't talk like a vanilla American. He is from a specific geo-location, New Orleans, which is a really specific thing."

Rumored 'Gambit' Movie Plot Details Surface

gambit-channing-tatum-1018934-320x180.jp

Rumored plot details from the film suggest that Tatum’s debut as Gambit, which he hopes will the first film in a series, will reveal Gambit’s origins as a thief in New Orleans, then set up a heist plot with mutants, including on the X-Men’s deadliest villains.

Here are the details from Splash Report:

"Remy Lebeau (Channing Tatum) is on trial in New Orleans. He’s considered a huge security risk. We flashback to almost 25 years before. Master thief Luke Lebeau runs into eight-year-old Gambit while doing a heist. Impressed by his skills, he offers to take the mutant orphan under his wings. Raised alongside other strays he calls 'cousins', the teenage Gambit becomes the superstar of the Thief Guild. He encounters Bella Donna Boudreaux while on the run from the police. Sparks immediately fly since Bella is also a fellow mutant. Their love is directly prohibited by both families since the Boudreaux are sworn enemies of the Lebeau clan. Deciding to unite the two sides, Remy offers to have the two clans team up on a HUGE heist to profit both families. Of course, the whole plan goes awry, and in the chaos, Maryanne Boudreaux shoots and kill Luke Lebeau.

"We jump to 10 years later; Gambit is hired to do a job in Paris to steal something from the Louvre Museum. It was apparently a test job to see if he still has it. His mysterious employer is revealed to be Nathaniel Essex a.k.a. Mr. Sinister. He offers Gambit 40 million to recover a mysterious trunk that was stolen by the Boudreaux clan. It will be auctioned off during the yearly Thieves Ball where all the criminal organizations in the world meet up. It uses New Orleans’ Mardi Gras celebrations as a cover. Gambit decides to enlist a crew of mutants to pull off this seemingly impossible heist…"

Daniel Craig Reportedly In Talks To Play Mr. Sinister In 'Gambit' Movie

sinister-1028818-640x320.jpg

A new rumor suggests that James Bond star Daniel Craig may be sitting in the villain's chair of Fox's next X-Men movies spinoff.

According to Splash Report, Craig is being considered to play the main villain in Channing Tatum's Gambit movie. That main villain is rumored to be the classic X-Men enemy Mr. Sinister.

Sinister, the brilliant but amoral geneticist Nathaniel Essex, was first mentioned in relation to the Gambit movie when rumored details about the plot surface in September:

"We jump to 10 years later; Gambit is hired to do a job in Paris to steal something from the Louvre Museum. It was apparently a test job to see if he still has it. His mysterious employer is revealed to be Nathaniel Essex a.k.a. Mr. Sinister. He offers Gambit 40 million to recover a mysterious trunk that was stolen by the Boudreaux clan. It will be auctioned off during the yearly Thieves Ball where all the criminal organizations in the world meet up. It uses New Orleans’ Mardi Gras celebrations as a cover. Gambit decides to enlist a crew of mutants to pull off this seemingly impossible heist…"

Well, that sure would make things interesting.

On 7/22/2017 at 8:25 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I agree with everything except the R-rated part.  Gambit isn't an R-rated character (unlike Deadpool and Logan).  I just don't see a Gambit movie filled with adult humor or violence.  A PG-13 rating would be perfect.

Gore Verbinski set to direct; looks like it'll happen

GAMBIT Audition Vid Finds THE VICTORIANS Actress Ali Rodney Reading For The Role Of Bella Donna Boudreaux

EvzhD0D.png

the guys over at Omega Underground have uncovered an audition video from last year which features actress Ali Rodney (The Victorians, Amy and Sophia) reading for the role of Remy's love interest, Bella Donna Boudreaux.

Blue is The Warmest Color star Lea Seydoux was previously attached to this part, but it looks like this latest incarnation of the project will be searching for a new actress to play the character.

The vid sees Bella Donna and Gambit engaged in conversation, and gives us some idea of the dynamic the two will share in the movie.

SCENE #1:

GAMBIT: It’s your coat.
BELLA: Okay, I’m not gonna play these games with you.
GAMBIT: I just need some intel. I don’t like working a job unless I know what I’m stealing.
BELLA: You have such little respect for me, you think I’d just tell you?
GAMBIT: Someone less manly than myself might say that you owe me.
BELLA: I don’t owe you mess! [laughs] Unless you got something for me.
GAMBIT: I think I have something you want. Something you’ve always wanted.
BELLA: Oh, I see, I’m going to pull back the curtain and dazzle me with intellect, huh?
GAMBIT: Why don’t we make a game of it? You answer a question, I’ll give you a peek in my mind. It’ll be like when we played strip poker.
BELLA: Hmm..Only with your thoughts. Alright, I’m game. Shoot.

SCENE #2:

G: That’s one of my worst [inaudible]
B: Yeah, that’s not fair.
G: [inaudible] ..we could have had everything.
B: Is that your question?
G: Yeah.
B: I.. I don’t know. I guess I just froze it was a chicken-mess thing to do. I guess I just saw a different side of you that day. A darker side it scared me. I didn’t feel safe with you.
G: You’re right, I was an individual_without_enough_empathy. I’m sorry.
B: Yeah, uh, I’m sorry too. Now, you owe me one more.
B: [smiles] What was that?
G: Those were my expectations. I think we need a hotel.
B: Yeah. [laughs]

'Gambit' Gets a New Working Title

The upcoming Gambit movie reportedly has a new working title.

It had previously been believed that Fox was keeping "Chess" as the film's working title, but a new report from Omega Underground says that the film is now working under the title "Forevermore." The report also indicates that the film's production is presently being location scouted in New Orleans with filming set to begin early in 2018.

While specific reasons for the title change are unknown, the report speculates it is because of how public the title "Chess" has been. "Chess" has been the working title for the X-Men spinoff across at least two attempts at making the film previously. This is also not the first time the studio has changed a film's working title. Deadpool 2 originally had a working title of "Love Machine" which was changed to "Caribbean Blue" just prior to filming.

'Gambit' Rumored To Begin Production Next Year

Omega Underground has been following Gambit news closely and in their latest update, they report that the X-Men spinoff film may be shooting early next year -- specifically between February and July. Both Fox and director Gore Verbinski are reportedly looking at those dates to shoot ahead of a Valentine’s Day 2019 release date.

As has been previously reported, the film is looking to shoot in New Orleans and the studio has hired location scouts that are looking around the Big Easy for the film. While location is important to any film, New Orleans is specifically important to Gambit as it is where the comic book character is from.

Gambit is set for release on February 14, 2019.

Production On Fox's X-Men Spin-off Now Reportedly To Begin In March

It's been a long, long road for Fox's X-Men spin-off Gambit. But, it appears that we now have a confirmed month for the start of production. According to Omega Underground's "official source," production on Gambit will officially begin in March 2018. It was previously reported to begin in February.

The bump in the production start date means we can now expect filming to wrap sometime between July and August 2018. 

It has also been confirmed that filming will take place in New Orleans, Louisiana, which we figured to be the case given the character's origin. As the site points out,t his likely means stage work will take place at Big Easy Studios, which Fox has previously used for Logan and Dawn of The Planet of The Apes.

Channing Tatum's 'Gambit' Budget, Filming Location And Start Date Revealed

New details reveal Gambit will head in front of cameras in March in New Orleans, according to the city and state's film offices, as reported by NOLA.com.

The gestating project will shoot under working title "Forevermore."

Budget details for this specific iteration of the X-Men spinoff are unavailable — the project has changed hands and experienced set backs over the course of its lifetime — but an original 2015 filing with the Louisiana state film office reportedly boasted a $155 million dollar budget.

Gambit will be directed by Gore Verbinski, the filmmaker behind the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

“I think we got super, super lucky," star and producer Channing Tatum said of Gambit's bumpy road to the big screen. "I think a lot of setbacks, we'll look at them in hindsight as giant blessings."

I was really hoping this project would have been completely cancelled due to the Disney/FOX deal, or at least a different actor hired to play Gambit. I don't have a problem with Channing Tatum, but I have a problem with him playing Gambit. I'm not going to be able to get past the thought that it's just Tatum in a Gambit costume. 

1 hour ago, Darkowl said:

I was really hoping this project would have been completely cancelled due to the Disney/FOX deal, or at least a different actor hired to play Gambit. I don't have a problem with Channing Tatum, but I have a problem with him playing Gambit. I'm not going to be able to get past the thought that it's just Tatum in a Gambit costume. 

They made Deadpool and Logan.  Two standalone (or stand alone) movie characters that exceeded everyone's expectations.  They deserve the benefit of the doubt for that alone.

So I'm not going to worry about Channing Tatum, the huge rumored budget, or the constant delays...not yet:wishluck:.