• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

IMHO Gambit was never going to come out this year. It was simply a too optimistic a release date considering where the production was and Tatum's status always in flux.

I don't know if FOX is reevaluating everything because of Deadpool's success and Gambit may be scrubbed, but I'd just say that most people didn't think this movie was ever coming out this year even when that date was set. It was always going to be pushed back IMHO.

IMHO Gambit was never going to come out this year. It was simply a too optimistic a release date considering where the production was and Tatum's status always in flux.

I don't know if FOX is reevaluating everything because of Deadpool's success and Gambit may be scrubbed, but I'd just say that most people didn't think this movie was ever coming out this year even when that date was set. It was always going to be pushed back IMHO.

I think you are right. Though with the second director taking over the project (Edge of Tomorrow's Doug Liman) I had hopes he could pull it together.

But I could definitely see Fox reevaluating the releases as the demand is now anything related to Deadpool, X-Force and New Mutants. Better to not distract from that path.

I think you are right. Though with the second director taking over the project (Edge of Tomorrow's Doug Liman) I had hopes he could pull it together.

But I could definitely see Fox reevaluating the releases as the demand is now anything related to Deadpool, X-Force and New Mutants. Better to not distract from that path.

I agree with that but I also would say that as hard as they worked on getting Tatum, a legit rising star, they might not want to burn that bridge too much.

What Gambit's Scheduling Move Could Mean For Fox's X-Men/Deadpool Franchise

This is different from a movie -- like Fantastic Four 2, for instance -- being removed from the schedule. In the case of Gambit, it seems likely it's either scheduling-related, or borne out of the success of Deadpool and the desire to link future X-Men films more closely to the blockbuster.

What could that mean?

While it's entirely possible one of the two as-yet-untitled, scheduled Marvel/Fox movies could turn out to be Gambit, it's equally likely that Fox could be preparing Deadpool 2 and X-Force, while reworking the Gambit -script to play off of X-Force instead of the X-Men.

No wonder why Gambit is on hold. Fox appears to be ramping up a long list of movies.

MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN - December 25, 2016, to September 30, 2016

GAMBIT (Channing Tatum) - October 7, 2016 to Unset

WHY HIM? - November 11, 2016 to December 25, 2016

THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US (Channing Tatum) - February 10, 2017 to Unset

WOLVERINE SEQUEL - Still on March 3, 2017

FERDINAND - April 7, 2017 to July 21, 2017

ALIEN: COVENANT - October 6, 2017 to August 4, 2017

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM - October 6. 2017.

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM - January 12, 2018.

PREDATOR - March 2, 2018

I noticed the two Channing Tatum projects are the ones pulled for now. Fox must be working through the order of release on these to free him up.

No wonder why Gambit is on hold. Fox appears to be ramping up a long list of movies.

MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN - December 25, 2016, to September 30, 2016

GAMBIT (Channing Tatum) - October 7, 2016 to Unset

WHY HIM? - November 11, 2016 to December 25, 2016

THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US (Channing Tatum) - February 10, 2017 to Unset

WOLVERINE SEQUEL - Still on March 3, 2017

FERDINAND - April 7, 2017 to July 21, 2017

ALIEN: COVENANT - October 6, 2017 to August 4, 2017

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM - October 6. 2017.

UNTITLED FOX/MARVEL FILM - January 12, 2018.

PREDATOR - March 2, 2018

I noticed the two Channing Tatum projects are the ones pulled for now. Fox must be working through the order of release on these to free him up.

I`m hoping Tatum can pull off a great movie with Gambit,like Reynolds did with Deadpool. :wishluck:

Gambit Production Delayed, Director Doug Liman Beginning Work on Another Film

As oft-speculated, there's now finally a concrete report that Gambit has been delayed. The film, originally scheduled for filming now and a mid-late 2016 release, is now on director Doug Liman's backburner. Liman will next helm The Wall for Amazon Studios if negotiations go through, THR reports.

Gambit, meanwhile, is being rewritten. Channing Tatum is still signed on to star in the film, and his production partner Reid Carolin is working on the rewrites. According to the report, Liman still plans to direct - he's already the second director on the project, following Rupert Wyatt. The Wall, a a thriller about a sniper, will be a relatively small production, giving Liman the chance to handle the film before moving back to Gambit.

:ohnoez:

I'd be better if they introduced Gambit through a X franchise, I think.

Like, Xmen presents Gambit. Or something. I dunno.

What possible origin story are they going to give to him? They going to go with the 90's mini series? That was kinda boring imo.

I liked the love story that twirled through Xmen and Uncanny Xmen over the years until Rouge went off with Magneto again. Or was that AoA? Gah, I haven't read any back issues in forever.

They already introduced Gambit, along with Deadpool, in the first Wolverine movie....... lol

I think everyone just wants to forget that abortion and get on with their lives lol

Only good thing about that movie was Liev Schriber's portrayal of sabertooth. I really hope he shows up in wolverine 3

Gambit Movie Was Delayed To Get -script Right According To Simon Kinberg

"We just didn't get the -script to the place where we all thought the movie deserved," said writer and producer Simon Kinberg to FlickeringMyth, who has a hand in shepherding all of Fox's Marvel projects. "So we're still working on the -script. We're very close, actually to being done with the -script, and the hope is that Channing [Tatum, signed on to star in the film] has a couple of movies he has to shoot, but that we would shoot at the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

Gambit had Tatum attached almost from the beginning whispers of the project, but he then very nearly left it (reportedly as a negotiating tactic). His production company will also have a production credit on the film.

"It's looking really good. I'm not going to say anything about it content-wise," Kinberg went on to tease. "The most important thing is getting the tone and the voice right," he said, citing it as a lesson learned from Deadpool.

He said that when they were due to start filming early 2016 (which still would've been too late for the originally announced release), they realized it "just wasn't ready. We want to make sure we get it right."