• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAMBIT MOVIE MADE OFFICIAL (2016)...GOTTA GET X-MEN 266

317 posts in this topic

Channing Tatum's Gambit Producer Says Attitude Of Film Will Match Comic

Speaking to Empire Magazine, producer Simon Kinberg describes Gambit as “a sexy PG-13 heist film,” and says that Tatum will be drawing inspiration from the comics he loves.

“Channing is a big fan of the comic,” Kinberg says, “so the accent, the attitude, the costume in many way, will be in the film. And he’s a character with a complex backstory – we’re playing him as a thief in the film, and that’s a big part of the story.”

As for Gambit’s backstory, Kinberg may say “complex,” but “convoluted” may be more accurate. Remy’s origin involves rival guild’s vying for favor with an X-Ternal, some kind of godlike, immortal mutant. It’s a bit much for a heist film.

Channing Tatum's Gambit Starts Filming In New Orleans This March

Channing Tatum's Gambit will begin filming in Hollywood South this March, according to WGNO.

The X-Men solo film was supposed to begin filming in November 2015, but those plans were put on hold when director Rupert Wyatt unexpectedly exited the project in September. After a couple months, 20th Century Fox hired Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Edge of Tomorrow) to helm the project.

Gambit was initially scheduled to open October 7, 2016, but will probably be pushed back to 2017.

Bosco, how do you feel about this movie so far?

I've seen him excel in a role (Foxcatcher, The Eagle). I've seen him do okay in a role (22 Jump Street, Jupiter Ascending). I haven't seen him completely bomb in a role. Depending on his supporting cast, this could be at least a mild success and carrying him forward to the next X-franchise movie.

I really liked his performance in The Eagle. That is what gives me hope this could work.

I've seen him excel in a role (Foxcatcher, The Eagle). I've seen him do okay in a role (22 Jump Street, Jupiter Ascending). I haven't seen him completely bomb in a role. Depending on his supporting cast, this could be at least a mild success and carrying him forward to the next X-franchise movie.

I really liked his performance in The Eagle. That is what gives me hope this could work.

+1

(thumbs u

Been a while since anything's been posted here. Bosco - any updates?

It's been fairly radio silent for a little bit. Including movement on the release date, which there is no way it is going to happen in 2016 since they start filming in March.

But there are folks getting excited about what the focus will be.

'Gambit' Movie: 5 Huge Things We Need To See In 2017 Channing Tatum Marvel Film

- Gangland Origin Story

- Cajun Charm

- Not A PG Film (I know - shocking now that Deadpool succeeded)

- A Villain Worth Fighting (Mr. Sinister, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Juggernaut, Mysique, Bella Donna Boudreaux)

Ooo....would LOVE to see Omega Red on the big screen.

He would be awesome, but I can't see anyway he would be in a Gambit movie set in New Orleans, although I guess as a soldier/security of some sort its possible (pre-Omega Red).

If they're smart, they make it into more of a 'thief' movie the way Cap 2 was more of a spy thriller.

I think sinister is a more likely contributor to the movie.

So the assumption was the two Marvel movie Fox dates announced would be Gambit (2017) and Deadpool 2 (2018). Now after all this money flowing in, I am wondering if the next step is X-Force and The New Mutants right around when Deadpool 2 hits.

Yeah -- just read they removed Gambit from the release schedule.

I get that Deadpool was a smash hit & could see them fast-tracking X-Force because of it, but to kill / delay Gambit because of it smacks of weak sauce.

That'd be like Marvel killing Ant Man because Guardians did so they well they want to fast track a solo Star Lord movie.

Then again, Fox has had a rough year. They're probably deep in the red for the foreseeable future, even as Universal and Disney have been killing it on all fronts.

Yeah -- just read they removed Gambit from the release schedule.

I get that Deadpool was a smash hit & could see them fast-tracking X-Force because of it, but to kill / delay Gambit because of it smacks of weak sauce.

That'd be like Marvel killing Ant Man because Guardians did so they well they want to fast track a solo Star Lord movie.

Then again, Fox has had a rough year. They're probably deep in the red for the foreseeable future, even as Universal and Disney have been killing it on all fronts.

Fox announced two Marvel movie dates. One in 2017, and one in 2018. If anything, it is taking stock of all the movies it could release with the size of its Marvel portfolio.