• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Expo Feb 28 - Mar 1, 2015

25 posts in this topic

I'll be going down there for a family Disneyland trip for a week, but of course going back to NorCal before this..... ugh!

Anywhere in the LA area I should check out? (I haven't lived in SoCal for a long time and don't know the comic scene there anymore).

I'm particularly interested in silver age stuff.

Me too. Harley and Terry will be the only good booths there for comics(or is Ed Robertson coming to this one?).

As for programming, there's nothing for me. I just don't get LBCC. Here we are just a few months from the summer movie season, and they can't get any studios interested in promoting their summer releases? Sony even has a booth promoting Chappie. Why not have a Sony panel?

Me too. Harley and Terry will be the only good booths there for comics(or is Ed Robertson coming to this one?).

As for programming, there's nothing for me. I just don't get LBCC. Here we are just a few months from the summer movie season, and they can't get any studios interested in promoting their summer releases? Sony even has a booth promoting Chappie. Why not have a Sony panel?

I will not be coming but will be back for the September show. Ran too close to the Amazing Arizona Con for me to resort inventory and all. I should have lots of nice books for September unless I have a great Phoenix Con in May.

Ed

Brad from F-VF will be there too. There are always a few small guys with the possibility but I just saw all of them at Terry's show a month ago. I like the fall show better. This one is just in between Terry's and WonderCon. I thinkI may just skip it and go flea marketing on Sunday instead...

There seem to be a pretty good roster of Bronze artists there but Bronze is just not my thing.

Haven't attended in the last couple years but I'll give it a shot this time around. Just printed my ticket and looking forward to the drive and stopping at the Pantry in downtown LA. Best breakfast in town. I think there will be enought dealers and guests to make the show fun.

we're bummed that Art Adams, Len Wein, and Marv Wolfman all cancelled.

that said, the line-up still looks better than in previous years, and we have high hopes!

Shoot, one of the 2 guests I wanted to meet :(

Ditto!! Looking forward to seeing you, Brian.

Steve

I was at the show. Had my Green Lantern 9 Variant cover signed and sketched by Van Sciver and sent to CGC for the signature series label. I didn't buy anything really, just walked around and talked to some dealers and a boardie (spectre007)