• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Must read list for road trips.

25 posts in this topic

Looking for some suggestions. My wife and I are on a road trip from Phoenix to San Diego, to San Fran, to Portland and finally to Seattle (where I have a job interview, wish me luck :wishluck:)

As there will be several hours on the road, I was looking for suggestions on what titles to read to best pass the time.

I finished Spider-Verse and will be reading the Detective Comics run from New 52, really looking forward to when Manapul took over. Wife is reading Gail Simone, Secret Six, WW, we both finished her Batgirl run which was epic btw.

Looking for other suggestions. Thanks!

I travel a lot & always take TPBs to read. I found that I go thru moderns pretty fast, so I take older collections (typically take longer to read) along so that I'm carrying fewer books. One I read a few months ago on a particularly long trip was Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller, Vol. 2 (issues 168-182). It took several days to read.

I cant read comics in a car or plane.

Besides that, isn't it a bit rude to be reading while your companion drives?

Try conversating. Will you be going via the Pacific Coast Highway? That's far too spectacular a ride to have your head buried in a book.

If not in a rush, take Route 66. At least from Kingman to the Cali state line. It will add an hour or so to your trip but the road from Kingman to Oatman over the Black Mountains is

breath-taking.

I cant read comics in a car or plane.

Besides that, isn't it a bit rude to be reading while your companion drives?

Try conversating. Will you be going via the Pacific Coast Highway? That's far too spectacular a ride to have your head buried in a book.

If not in a rush, take Route 66. At least from Kingman to the Cali state line. It will add an hour or so to your trip but the road from Kingman to Oatman over the Black Mountains is

breath-taking.

why even drive, hell take the plane, maybe a bus, better yet hitchhike, go out there an live, stop reading damn comics and enjoy the sunshine

conversate

Contents [hide]

1 English

1.1 Etymology

1.2 Verb

1.3 Anagrams

2 Italian

2.1 Verb

2.2 Anagrams

3 Latin

3.1 Verb

English

Etymology

Back-formation from conversation.

Verb

conversate (third-person singular simple present conversates, present participle conversating, simple past and past participle conversated)

(African American Vernacular) To converse, to have conversation.  [quotations ▼]

Anagrams

conservate

convertase

Italian

Verb

conversate

second-person plural indicative present of conversare

second-person plural imperative of conversare

Anagrams

conservate

Latin

Verb

conversāte

second-person plural present active imperative of conversō

conversate

Unfortunately to all of the educated people conversate is now in the dictionary.

v. to socialize and chat; to converse with another

It is still classified as slang, but it is in the dictionary. Trust me I'm just as upset as you are.

We can sit here and conversate about some things.

by Dime Diva May 16, 2009

conversate

Unfortunately to all of the educated people conversate is now in the dictionary.

It is still classified as slang, but it is in the dictionary. Trust me I'm just as upset as you are.

That's as bad as when they recently added the definition of "figuratively" to the word "literally" because so many people were using it incorrectly.

People should be educated to use proper English. The language shouldn't be dragged down to the lowest common denominator. :sumo:

conversate

living in the south for many years, conversate or conversating was often used by people along with "fixin' to" -- more of a tongue in cheek thing though. At first you laugh at it-- and then eventually you add it to your vocabulary