• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 39

23 posts in this topic

From the "Dad's comics" collection I described in another post. I'll be selling all the books in these posts, so all opinions and insights are welcome, including fmv or sales suggestions. Thanks for looking!

Just a few months after the #35 I posted just a few minutes--and the world is changing. So much fun to imagine a kid reading the first Iron Man, and just thinking, "wow, this is cool!"

The obvious big dog from the small OO collection, and a book that is just fun to find, and a bit stressful to be holding onto:

TOS 39

As with all the photos I took, interior is a little whiter than my kitchen table photos make it appear. Decent, above average cream to off-white.

There are vertical tears/slits on the back side of the staples, but the cover is tight and attached at both spots.

tos39001.jpg

tos39bk001.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

And interestingly has a grease arrival date of Jan. 10 (1963)..this copy was about a month late to the newsstand for some reason as TOS 39 was a Dec 1962 release date.

I have a theory.

TOS39 was released on December 10, 1962.

What if P-1-10 is for Pull January 10 -- one month after arrival.