• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com !!!

221 posts in this topic

I just bought two books (CGC) on Mycomicshop.com and paid with my credit card the moment the purchase went through.

I realized that I had the money in my US account here in Canada and asked if I could send them a money order because there's a 20 percent conversion fee. NOT A BIG DEAL OF COURSE. Hence, they did not want to help me at all. It now cost me $150 extra dollars for nothing. Their Customer Service was unwilling to help in any way...I would fire that woman if she worked for me !!! They lost a big customer!!!

I will never buy from them again and they could forget about my Silver and Bronze age collection going up for sale on their site. I will turn to Ebay and Comiclink from now on!

I wonder if the owners have a clue about how their customers really get treated !!!

The_investor

Not sure I follow. There isn't a 20% conversion fee. There may be a small premium on the cc (often 2%) but no 20%. That would be no different than paying via US funds if you were to convert those US funds to Canadian you would likely see the same net as what you just paid in Canadian funds.

If you wanted to pay via Wire payment you likely would have had extra fees associated with that as well either on your end for sending a wire or on their end for receiving the wire.

Let me explain:

I apologize if I wasn't very clear in my previous post but I will attempt to clarify the issue that has upset me very much. This has nothing to do with the 3 percent premium that the company makes. It's only reasonable that they need to make money and I'm all for that.

I bought two books that came out to about $750 US. I paid for them in Canadian funds which came out to about $900. But that was not the problem. The problem was that I called customer service and told the lady who picked up the phone that I did not realize I had the money in US funds and realized this only after I paid with my credit card. I simply asked her if I could send a certified check/money order for the same amount and once she would receive it only then would the Visa transaction be reimbursed back to me.This would not cost the company anything but would have saved me the 20% exchange rate which would have been about 150 Canadian. She refused and told me that there was nothing the company could do to help me .

I have purchased a ton from mycomicshop, and have never had an issue.

Take a deep breath, make a some phone call, and I guarantee they will make you happy.

It's never a smart choice to get all riled up and go immediately to your keyboard to flame someone. Especially a dealer who is well respected around these parts.

Let me explain:

I apologize if I wasn't very clear in my previous post but I will attempt to clarify the issue that has upset me very much. This has nothing to do with the 3 percent premium that the company makes. It's only reasonable that they need to make money and I'm all for that.

I bought two books that came out to about $750 US. I paid for them in Canadian funds which came out to about $900. But that was not the problem. The problem was that I called customer service and told the lady who picked up the phone that I did not realize I had the money in US funds and realized this only after I paid with my credit card. I simply asked her if I could send a certified check/money order for the same amount and once she would receive it only then would the Visa transaction be reimbursed back to me.This would not cost the company anything but would have saved me the 20% exchange rate which would have been about 150 Canadian. She refused and told me that there was nothing the company could do to help me .

Just ask to speak with someone above her pay grade.

I can see why she would refuse your request if they only take:

"Payment:

Payment must be made by credit card (Master Card, Visa, American Express, or Discover) or PayPal."

My experience with MyComicShop has been top notch. I had a problem with an auction win once and it was rectified immediately. More recently I needed a modern $4 comic for Christmas in a rush. Even though they were about to move, they took care of it immediately. It also happened that when I placed the order my CC had expired; when I phoned in the update, the woman I spoke to was professional and helpful and I still managed to get the book on time.

Let me explain:

So it says they only take CC and Paypal payments, secondly take that $750 US you have and convert it to CDN and boom you have your $900 back or 20% conversion "fee"

Jim