• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful in dealing with Mycomicshop.com !!!

221 posts in this topic

You avoid the exchange rate by buying the US currency when the exchange rate is more favorable. As an example there was a time within 5-6 years ago where the Canadian dollar was worth $1.10 vs the USD. If the OP had bought his US currency then, he avoids the exchange rate conversion by keeping his money in USD until he needs to use it.
Based on the OP's update post, I'd say it sounds like exactly what he did. Damn it - why didn't I do that then?! :D

I have consigned some books with MCS. You set your own price, but there are recent prices as to what that book sold for, both raw and slabbed, in several grades. As a seller, super easy.

I recently had a great experience with MyComicShop.com. I was in the market for a mid grade ASM 135. I don't see it as a key and just wanted a solid reader. I found one listed as a 5.5 raw for around $60. A friend pointed out that MyComicShop had a 5.5 raw listed for $55. It was of course cheaper from their website directly. Usually I only buy moderns so this was my first time purchasing something more than $10 from them. I've made plenty of purchases, but they are usually bulk purchases.

The book came, was packaged well, and was probably under graded. I think it is closer to a 6.5.

I appreciate the solid deal MCS :headbang:

Let me explain:

I apologize if I wasn't very clear in my previous post but I will attempt to clarify the issue that has upset me very much. This has nothing to do with the 3 percent premium that the company makes. It's only reasonable that they need to make money and I'm all for that.

I bought two books that came out to about $750 US. I paid for them in Canadian funds which came out to about $900. But that was not the problem. The problem was that I called customer service and told the lady who picked up the phone that I did not realize I had the money in US funds and realized this only after I paid with my credit card. I simply asked her if I could send a certified check/money order for the same amount and once she would receive it only then would the Visa transaction be reimbursed back to me.This would not cost the company anything but would have saved me the 20% exchange rate which would have been about 150 Canadian. She refused and told me that there was nothing the company could do to help me .

Sorry Sanchez, you pretty much sound like the Nigerian Prince that just wants to give me $150,000.00 USD if I will pay a conversion fee of $3,000.00 by wire for the most fortunate consequences.

Let me explain:

I apologize if I wasn't very clear in my previous post but I will attempt to clarify the issue that has upset me very much. This has nothing to do with the 3 percent premium that the company makes. It's only reasonable that they need to make money and I'm all for that.

I bought two books that came out to about $750 US. I paid for them in Canadian funds which came out to about $900. But that was not the problem. The problem was that I called customer service and told the lady who picked up the phone that I did not realize I had the money in US funds and realized this only after I paid with my credit card. I simply asked her if I could send a certified check/money order for the same amount and once she would receive it only then would the Visa transaction be reimbursed back to me.This would not cost the company anything but would have saved me the 20% exchange rate which would have been about 150 Canadian. She refused and told me that there was nothing the company could do to help me .

So it says they only take CC and Paypal payments, secondly take that $750 US you have and convert it to CDN and boom you have your $900 back or 20% conversion "fee"

Jim

Let me clarify this for our US boardies. Canadians who have Paypal accounts usually have money in TWO accounts - a US account and a Canadian account. If a US boardie pays in US funds it stays in the US account. I can sell a book to a Canadian boardie and if he asks, he can pay me in Canadian funds.

So if I have $400.00 US and $200.00 CDN in account and I buy a book for say $500.00 US, Paypal will take the $400.00 US that I have and then it will covert my $200.00 CDN into US at the going exchange rate, which is very bad for Canadians these days. I think the OP meant to really say he had sufficient funds in his US Paypal account to pay for his purchases and didn't want to have to pay the exchange rate on his credit card.

Let me explain:

But the terms of purchase are probably clearly outlined on their site and if they don't want to receive MO's they don't need to, right?

(shrug)

Let me explain:

But the terms of purchase are probably clearly outlined on their site and if they don't want to receive MO's they don't need to, right?

(shrug)

Be quiet, you troublemaker. The investor is trying to repent :makepoint: