• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mystafo said:

So the hulk will play the part of the surfer,  crashing through strange's ceiling to warn of thanos? 

Yep. After the destruction of the refugee ship (Heimdall, Korg & Valkyrie probably die), Thor crashes into the Guardians ship and Hulk falls to Earth. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

I just watched it a few more times and there's a quick shot of Widow thrusting with a spear. She'd better not be taking out one of Thanos' children, because that would be beyond stupid.  Widow should be one of the ones killed in this movie (along with Hawkeye).

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:

I just watched it a few more times and there's a quick shot of Widow thrusting with a spear. She'd better not be taking out one of Thanos' children, because that would be beyond stupid.  Widow should be one of the ones killed in this movie (along with Hawkeye).

Feige hinted at the other day there will be a few major changes from the early phases. But with Gunn helping drive this Guardians III and beyond, there are so many cosmic stories they can cover with existing and new characters.

2 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

It's going to be Cap.  I think if one of the big three does not go down the public will call foul.   Thor sounds like they want a follow up to Thor 3, and Iron Man is the glue.  It also feels like his story has run its course the most.

3 hours ago, rjrjr said:
3 hours ago, rjrjr said:

Thanos' color is wrong in the trailer.  Thanos has a square jaw and high cheek bones, not a round jaw and low cheek bones.  We've never seen Thanos drawn with eye's that look human, they are always set back and glowing menacingly.  The trailer makes Thanos look like an overweight football player in the face, not a chiseled, menacing alien like he appears in the comic.

As for the voice, this is Thanos, arguably one of the most powerful beings in the universe.  I always imagined him with a deep, menacing voice, not just an average voice you'd hear everyday.  When Thanos spoke in the trailer, did it stand out to you?

Again, I know this is nitpicky to some and I already said I have no doubt the movie will do well.  But like Ultron, I just feel Marvel is losing some of the distinguishing visuals that makes Thanos unique.  For Ultron, it was the mouth that crackles with energy in the comic and with Thanos it is his face.  Look at the picture of Thanos with the glove versus what was in the trailer.

thanos-header.jpg

thanos1.jpg

thanos2.jpg

thanos3.png

This Sideshow maquette does a very good job of portraying what a movie Thanos should look like:

thanos4.jpg.512e5a27210c1c62f9d167dbea6c793c.jpg

Scary monsters don't sell toys... a decision was made to water down Thanos...

Edited by D-Optimist

I reminder that this is a comic book movie.  Here are mine:banana:.

These are the 6 connecting Incentive In-Hyuk Lee Generals Variant Covers.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  Highly recommend picking them up.

In order form 1 to 6...Supergiant, Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Thanos, Proxima Midnight, and Ebony Maw

***Supergiant is the only one that was not part of the Marvel announcement for the movie

20171129_174953.jpg.7ad7bead5767f1b2e540c772d1b31eff.jpg