• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2017 at 6:37 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Honestly, that was my argument to my friend.  Here was his counter to that (non verbatim)...

"Pip The Troll is too obvious.  Peter Dinklage is one of the biggest stars on the the biggest TV show.  Why would you approach him and say 'Hey, we want you to be Pip The Troll'.  That would be insulting him".

***Note...while the Blacksmith to the Gods is a Dwarf he is a giant compared to a man.

Not an insult to any comics fan. Pip the troll is a beloved character. I hope Dink gets the role. :) He's played a dwarf too many times already. 

20 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

Pip and Rocket walk into a bar... Nuff said. 

I'd sell my left nut for that scene.

That would be awesome. Who would be the most degenrate? 

Kevin Feige Assures Fans That Josh Brolin's Thanos Will Be The Villain We've All Been Waiting For

At this year's Comic-Con Experience in Brazil, Kevin Feige teases that Thanos will shock audiences from the start, by doing something dreadful within the first 5 minutes of Avengers: Infinity War:

"You know, we’ve been teasing Thanos since the very first Avengers film. Remember the end of Avengers, the very end of the movie he turns around in the chair and you realize something bad is coming. We’ve been teasing him for years and the trick is when you tease something for that long, you have to deliver. So, within the first five minutes of Infinity War people will understand why Thanos is the biggest and baddest villain in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

1 hour ago, Chip Cataldo said:

R.I.P. Hawkeye. He's toast. 

It is going to be sad after all these years to see any of the original phase actors taken out. Though the MCU does need to move forward.

:frown:

38 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

will Disney panic if the next generation of stars doesn’t bring in the same $$$

will they put in a virtual RDJ?

that'll be plan b--1st stop-gap is both cap and bucky have moms named martha. 

30 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

They could also send Spider-Man back in time to warn RDJ that his contract is running out and that he can make another 50 million for taking a in Spider-Man 2

First 5 Minutes Of 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Establish Thanos As A Force To Be Reckoned With

Marvel has a villain problem in the MCU. I know it. You know it. Marvel Studios knows it. While you could argue it's not practical to focus on the villains when the priority is and has always been to build up its heroes, the bottom line is that most of Marvel's dopplegänger villains in the movies have been two-dimensional at best and forgettable at worst, with Loki being the lone exception.

Marvel has rectified this issue (to some extent—let's not get too crazy now) in Phase 3. Michael Keaton's Vulture was a phenomenally realized baddie in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Ego the Living Planet had a full backstory and arc in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. And as Hela in Thor: Ragnarok, Cate Blanchett had quite a bit of screen time and an understandable ax to grind.

Speaking at Comic Con in Brazil (via CBR), the Marvel Studios president promised it will be worth the wait. "Within the first five minutes of Infinity War," he teased, "people will understand why Thanos is the biggest and baddest villain in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

That's not exactly a difficult feat for the Mad Titan when competing against the likes of, well...almost any of the villains to date. But #Thanos has been looming over the Avengers for years, and the buildup will mean nothing if he is not convincingly terrifying.

Feige also addressed that, speaking about the pressure of Thanos living up to the hype:

"You know, we’ve been teasing Thanos since the very first Avengers film. Remember the end of Avengers, the very end of the movie he turns around in the chair and you realize something bad is coming. We’ve been teasing him for years and the trick is when you tease something for that long you have to deliver."

While it's good that Marvel is fully aware the payoff with Thanos has to be huge, it remains to be seen if they'll accomplish it. There's no telling what will happen in the first five minutes of the movie. He might kill an Avenger or two and truly shock us all, or the nefariousness of the opening moments might be completely overhyped. This isn't the first time #Marvel has promised us a great baddie only for them to still be a bit of a letdown.

On 12/17/2017 at 1:03 PM, Straw-Man said:

No, this will be it. DC beat Disney to the box office with the first female hero flick. Marvel can beat them on the LGBTQ front. We have seen two prominent male characters kiss on Star Trek Discovery this season, so I don't think it will be long before we see it in a mainstream hero film which will be fine. 

Bucky has finally spoken about giving Captain America a boyfriend

Jeremy Renner Remains Open To A HAWKEYE Movie But Reveals Why Marvel Should Hurry Up

823827328.jpg

Jeremy Renner made his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in Thor way back in 2011 and while there has often been talk of a solo movie for the archer, the character has remained a supporting player (something which could be a result of the actor not taking off as a leading man after The Bourne Legacy). So, what are the chances now of Hawkeye getting his own movie as we head into Phase 4? 

During a recent interview, Renner was asked if he's open to giving Hawkeye the spotlight and replied, "It would be a wonderful thing. Just don’t wait too long! I don’t want to be in my 50s in tights." The clock is ticking on that ultimatum because the Avengers: Infinity War star turns 47 next month and we still don't know whether or not the character is actually going to make it out of that movie alive!

Hawkeye and Black Widow in a spy film. Has to happen.

49 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Jeremy Renner Remains Open To A HAWKEYE Movie But Reveals Why Marvel Should Hurry Up

823827328.jpg

Hawkeye and Black Widow in a spy film. Has to happen.

Are the two characters strong enough to carry a film on their own? I would like the chances of a real Agents of SHIELD film with those two and Fury as the leads instead. It could deal with the origins of Hawkeye and Black Widow, as well as the history of Fury and SHIELD. 

Edited by kimik

'Avengers: Infinity War' Director Says Thor's Story Will Be Picked Up Right From End Of 'Ragnarok'

The co-director of Infinity War was asked who he was looking forward to most once the film hits theaters, and for him, it is all about the God of Thunder. Russo also revealed that Infinity War will pick up right after his last adventure, Thor: Ragnarok.

"I'm going to pick Thor because Thor, we're picking up his story from the end of Thor: Ragnarok and at the end of that film as any fan would know his home planet of Asgard is destroyed, and so the character is in new territory so to speak, because his past has been torn away from him to a degree," Russo said.

Russo compares Thor's place in things to another fellow Avenger Captain America, who the Russo's got ahold of at a similar juncture in his journey.

"I think it's very similar to Captain America's situation when we picked up his story in Winter Solider when Joe and I came on to do our first movie for Marvel," Russo said. "Cap was in a place where we were very much catching him up in the modern world and seeing what that meant to him, and figuring out how you move a character that far forward and that far away from where they started back during the 40s, so I think in Thor we have similar opportunities with that character in this movie is that he's going through a radical transformation and he's moving forward in a way where he can never go back, and that's always a fun place to be with a character as a storyteller."

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR's Emily VanCamp Still Hasn't Been Contacted About Returning As Sharon Carter

156815.jpg

Following her brief debut in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Emily VanCamp's Sharon Carter had a far more prominent role in Civil War, and it looked like the stage was being set for a romance with Steve Rogers.

However, the Revenge actress confirmed early last year that she wouldn't be a part of Avengers: Infinity War, and has now revealed during a panel at the recent Television Critics Association press tour that the studio still hasn't contacted her about reprising the character further down the line - though she does stress that "Marvel can call at any minute."

There was talk of VanCamp showing up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at one point, so perhaps that's a possibility if a return to The MCU is off the table.

She was really cool in Winter Soldier. That scene in the control room when it turns out HYDRA is mixed in with SHIELD agents was great.