• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,498 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

There's no way Dinklage is anyone but Pip the Troll.

No. Way.

Eitri, King of the Dwarves, has been getting kicked around for awhile...and possible tie ins to reforging mjolnir or him being the creator of the infinity gauntlet...

Edited by Callaway29

ragnarok jumped 25% from wed to thurs; that is very atypical [for example, jl dropped 1%].  can only be that the trailer so revved people up that some just had to go see something marvel to settle down their jonesing.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Will Be Released EARLY In 17 Countries - Is Yours One Of Them?

You won't have to wait until May 4th, 2018 to see it. While the release date may not have changed in North America, Marvel Studios announced today that seventeen countries will get the chance to see it seven to nine days sooner. 

The same thing happens with most Marvel movies (making avoiding spoilers a real pain) and Avengers: Infinity War will begin its roll out on April 25th in Australia, France, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and Sweden. On the 26th, it reaches Brazil, Germany, Greece, Hungary, and Singapore. Finally, the movie will reach Bulgaria, Japan, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam on the 27th.

Finally chiming in on the trailer:

Super safe first offering here.  None of the major reveals, guest appearances, action beats, or story moments are included.  I think the fact that the Vision gets attacked for the mind stone is not a surprise to anyone, nor is Thanos attacking New York, the Nova Corps, or the Collector's base on Knowhere.

Best part for me was hearing Nick Fury's speech about the "idea" of the Avengers spoken by several of the characters as well as the original Alan Silvestri score.  I imagine we'll see more story bits in the second trailer, but the Russos have already made clear that they are going to leave all the huge moments for us to see in the theatre when we go.  Kudos for any restraint they can show.

Dan

Here's an IGN article that came out yesterday to give argument to Thor's new weapon.  I still think it will be the War Axe JarnBjorn.  Which paves ways for the Peter Dinklage character being the blacksmith:idea:.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/01/the-avengers-infinity-war-trailer-might-have-a-big-hint-about-thors-hammer

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Here's an IGN article that came out yesterday to give argument to Thor's new weapon.  I still think it will be the War Axe JarnBjorn.  Which paves ways for the Peter Dinklage character being the blacksmith:idea:.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/01/the-avengers-infinity-war-trailer-might-have-a-big-hint-about-thors-hammer

What period in comics does this all take place?

26 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

What period in comics does this all take place?

The Unworthy Thor.

In that story arc he loses is arm/hand (instead of an eye).  He also loses his hammer (it deems him unworthy) and he wields the new weapon.

Fantastic arc.  It adds a lot to a Thor story that had once became stale.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss

1 minute ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The Unworthy Thor.

In that story arc he loses is arm/hand (instead of an eye).  He also loses his hammer (it deems him unworthy) and he wields the new weapon.

Fantastic story.  It adds a lot to a Thor story that had once became stale.

:whatthe:

Thanks for sharing this.

On 11/29/2017 at 3:01 PM, rjrjr said:

Thanos' color is wrong in the trailer.  Thanos has a square jaw and high cheek bones, not a round jaw and low cheek bones.  We've never seen Thanos drawn with eye's that look human, they are always set back and glowing menacingly.  The trailer makes Thanos look like an overweight football player in the face, not a chiseled, menacing alien like he appears in the comic.

As for the voice, this is Thanos, arguably one of the most powerful beings in the universe.  I always imagined him with a deep, menacing voice, not just an average voice you'd hear everyday.  When Thanos spoke in the trailer, did it stand out to you?

Again, I know this is nitpicky to some and I already said I have no doubt the movie will do well.  But like Ultron, I just feel Marvel is losing some of the distinguishing visuals that makes Thanos unique.  For Ultron, it was the mouth that crackles with energy in the comic and with Thanos it is his face.  Look at the picture of Thanos with the glove versus what was in the trailer.

thanos-header.jpg

thanos1.jpg

thanos2.jpg

thanos3.png

This Sideshow maquette does a very good job of portraying what a movie Thanos should look like:

thanos4.jpg.512e5a27210c1c62f9d167dbea6c793c.jpg

I agree.

That was a disappointing look for Thanos. And the voice was not menacing enough.

Overall the trailer was meh.

On 10/27/2017 at 9:12 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Puck from Alpha Flighthm.  Or does Fox own him?

One of the Watchers <--- this actually would be pretty cool.

But seriously, its Pip.  I don't think that was ever in doubt.

4 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Never in doubt, eh? :baiting:

Just now, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Hahahaha I hate youlol.

This is my official statement right now.  Peter Dinklage will be Pip The Troll or the blacksmith that helps Thor forge his new weapon.  No doubt(thumbsu.

It would be a waste if he ends up being the blacksmith.  If there's a Warlock, there needs to be a Pip; and Dinklage would be the perfect Pip.

8 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

It would be a waste if he ends up being the blacksmith.  If there's a Warlock, there needs to be a Pip; and Dinklage would be the perfect Pip.

Honestly, that was my argument to my friend.  Here was his counter to that (non verbatim)...

"Pip The Troll is too obvious.  Peter Dinklage is one of the biggest stars on the the biggest TV show.  Why would you approach him and say 'Hey, we want you to be Pip The Troll'.  That would be insulting him".

***Note...while the Blacksmith to the Gods is a Dwarf he is a giant compared to a man.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Stuff