• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sayger copyright infringement

10 posts in this topic

Photobucket just removed the links to my Stuart Sayger Wolverine sketchcover because of potential copyright infringement.

Has anyone else had this happen with their Sayger books? Is this something Stuart is pushing?

If you commission Sayger to do a sketch for you and he gets paid for the work; doesn't the art belong to the person who commissioned it and they can show it off and/or do with it whatever they please? How is it copyright infringement?

I got the email as well.

I sent Stuart an email asking if he had requested it and got the following back:

Hi there Wesley I did indeed request that Photobucket remove all the images of my art due to some of the clauses of the user agreement. I remember making this piece at the Baltimore convention and like it very much. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Please give it a good home.

if things go as they should I will be return to the Balitmore convention this year. If you attend i would love to catch up and chat.... Certainly I'll have lots of new pieces to show!

I haven't read Photobucket's User Agreement so I'm not sure what he has a problem with.