• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-themed furniture

23 posts in this topic

So the girlfriend had a dresser that was in pretty rough shape but had sentimental value & wanted me to re-finish. She also has a batman obsession.

Here's the result.

IMG_0818_zpsf0fc8a4e.jpg

Just thought it was something cool to show you guys.

I took off the batman bath robe that she had hanging on the drawer knob when I took the picture (one of those robes that has ears on the hood & a utility belt for the robe belt.

She was also Harley Quinn for my birthday party (because I'm a 34-year-old 5 year old & threw a superhero themed birthday party). Yeah, she's a huge batman junkie. And her birthday present last year from our one roomie was a pair of batman comic book heels that you can see on top of the dresser. (since the roomies own a comic-book themed high heel making company. Go nerd girls)

Did that for my calvin & hobbes end tables in our nerd room/guest room. Except that I used a spray glue & then laid down another layer over top before spraying acrylic clear over them. I don't really like decoupage

4_zps87af08d9.jpg

That's awesome! My friend made a dress out of that same fabric to wear to a friend's Star War themed wedding this summer. She made her boyfriend a tie that matched. It was pretty killer.

So the girlfriend had a dresser that was in pretty rough shape but had sentimental value & wanted me to re-finish. She also has a batman obsession.

Here's the result.

IMG_0818_zpsf0fc8a4e.jpg

Just thought it was something cool to show you guys.

Girlfriend that not only supports hobby but digs Batman? :cloud9:

Nice furniture, also! :applause:

My mother-in-law made this for me just this past Christmas. She was over babysitting while I was at work and when I came home she had added some padding and upholstery to my ratty old computer chair. Was a nice surprise!

IMG_0291_zpsfcfba59b.jpg

I love fabric like this. I was thinking pajamas but now I'm thinking chair. hm

Girlfriend that not only supports hobby but digs Batman? :cloud9:

Nice furniture, also! :applause:

Not only that, but everything that's on that dresser? All her stuff. She's got some other stuff spread out throughout the house as well (a couple really cool Harley Quinn prints that are framed & other things) and she's got her own drawer in our Comic Cabinets in our nerd room.

So I'm bringing this thread back because I did some more comic themed furniture. Found these 3 stools for $8 (total). Frames were great but fabric was worn. So I changed it:

A little before & after:

2C6F21A8-9C13-4AB0-ADC3-0017DFF20FC3_zpstyn1ewjs.jpg

All 3 done

FFBE5113-8FB0-4CB4-AD24-5A55E4922422_zpsuu0ndout.jpg