• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 55 cgc Double Cover

9 posts in this topic

I have a thing for Iron Man 55 and especially for the double cover.

What is the value / scarcity rule of thumb for double covers in general and specifically for Iron Man 55?

Thanks!

Wow! $13k is impressive but imagine how hard it must be to keep a 40 year old comic in perfect shape and both covers no less. Needless to say I don't own a 9.8.

Wow! $13k is impressive but imagine how hard it must be to keep a 40 year old comic in perfect shape and both covers no less. Needless to say I don't own a 9.8.

Only one of the covers needs to get the 9.8. If you look at the book used as the example...one cover is 9.4 (outside) and the inside is 9.8. Still not an easy feat by any means.

Ive seen an above average amount of double covers on this book. Must have been more static in the air that day!

Im comparing it to a book like Hulk 181 which ive seen two Double Covers for.

Without trying, ive seen at least 10 different IM 55 DC's

Still doesn't beat Uncanny Xmen 202 where ive seen 50+ however.

Just thought id add that. Still an amazing book to own.

Only one of the covers needs to get the 9.8. If you look at the book used as the example...one cover is 9.4 (outside) and the inside is 9.8. Still not an easy feat by any means.

Can a double cover be pressed? I'm guessing it would be a little tricky. I figure if anybody knows it's you.

9.6 inside 9.4 outside $3500 in 2014 graded 9.6. I forgot who I sold it to. I used it $$ to get a 9.8.

I think the Suscha News copy is the best 9.8; perfect wrap. Someone here had it or has it. Was it Joey? In grades 9.4 and up it's hard to have it not over wrapped, crooked, or have the entire top end chopped off; even in 9.8.