• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch my slab collection grow from scratch to BIG $$$ scratch!

292 posts in this topic

spidervacc, I am well acquainted with Old Bridge. My condolences as well.

;-)

LMAO I said Old Bridge section but its actually in the Aberdeen NJ Area. I worked near Rutgers at my last job . Some of my employees use to go to the food truck there and bring it back to the office. Working like 15 minutes from Rutgers now in Piscataway. I once said in another thread a few years ago I think the biggest group state wise in this forum is probally the NJ/NY members. There are so many.

;-)

LMAO I said Old Bridge section but its actually in the Aberdeen NJ Area. I worked near Rutgers at my last job . Some of my employees use to go to the food truck there and bring it back to the office. Working like 15 minutes from Rutgers now in Piscataway. I once said in another thread a few years ago I think the biggest group state wise in this forum is probally the NJ/NY members. There are so many.

I spent a lot of time in Old Bridge at Birch Hill night club watching metal shows. Good times. Yeah guys....Hoboken to Lake Hopatcong has been a nightmare to me so far. The snow here is evil. Buying a house with a longgggg driveway has been one of the biggest mistakes of my life, might be trying to sell the house in the spring. lol:wishluck:

My wife grew up in Lake Hopatcong, small world. Dacotah Drive. We live in Middlesex near Rutgers now.

;-)

I don't see that street in this area. Think you meant Lake Haiwtha. That's like exit 45 off 80.

Loved birch Hill Night Club. Was there all the time in the 80's. That place and JJ Rockers in Sayerville. NJ was the place for rockers. Old Bridge was where Overkill was located and they played at birch Hill a few times. I still remember taking my friend to Birch Hill for his Bachlor Party. He had a ball that night , Passed out and missed half his party . We had to carry him home and we left him on his wife to be's doorstep (they lived together) , rang the doorbell and ran. lol. She was not happy with him or us to say the least.

Yup up there by the lake you get alot of snow . Also one of the things I looked for when I moved to this house is small driveway and no sidewalks. My driveway is the size of the car and we have no sidewalks so I only have to shovel 2 feet in front and 2 feet behind the cars. The thing I learned quickly is no basement again. When we moved I wanted a basement and a large yard. (My yard is likea football field. but have to hire someone to take care of it. hours to cut that grass.and the basement oh boy. I got a great Man Cave down there BUT its a disaster, Water / Mold had to pay $10K to put in a french drain. Tear down walls. Humidity problems. Bugs and mice . Rather have a garage . Out plan here is as soon as our son is out of High School we are selling and moving into an apartment.

Cool thread! Just looked at it and enjoyed watching the slab collection come together! I see a lot of New Jersey people posting in here. Where in NJ are you guys from? I lived in Hoboken my whole life....but just moved to Lake Hopatcong. Not sure if I like it yet. Big change that I am kinda regretting doing. :(

Keep them slabs coming!

Hey Frankie good to see you around. I have family in East Windsor New Jersey,does that count? lol

Loved birch Hill Night Club. Was there all the time in the 80's. That place and JJ Rockers in Sayerville. NJ was the place for rockers. Old Bridge was where Overkill was located and they played at birch Hill a few times. I still remember taking my friend to Birch Hill for his Bachlor Party. He had a ball that night , Passed out and missed half his party . We had to carry him home and we left him on his wife to be's doorstep (they lived together) , rang the doorbell and ran. lol. She was not happy with him or us to say the least.

Yup up there by the lake you get alot of snow . Also one of the things I looked for when I moved to this house is small driveway and no sidewalks. My driveway is the size of the car and we have no sidewalks so I only have to shovel 2 feet in front and 2 feet behind the cars. The thing I learned quickly is no basement again. When we moved I wanted a basement and a large yard. (My yard is likea football field. but have to hire someone to take care of it. hours to cut that grass.and the basement oh boy. I got a great Man Cave down there BUT its a disaster, Water / Mold had to pay $10K to put in a french drain. Tear down walls. Humidity problems. Bugs and mice . Rather have a garage . Out plan here is as soon as our son is out of High School we are selling and moving into an apartment.

Yeah bro. I should have thought this out more. I also have a lot of yard which I really don't think I can take care of.....I came from an apartment and thought this would be the life. It's turning into the nightmare so far.

Great story of the Birch Hill! I love Overkill....the picture is very small but that's me and Bobby Blitz (Lead singer of Overkill) as my avatar. :headbang:

(Please excuse the finger....it's conected to one of their more popular songs that they close most shows with)

2012-03-27204105.jpg[/img]

Cool thread! Just looked at it and enjoyed watching the slab collection come together! I see a lot of New Jersey people posting in here. Where in NJ are you guys from? I lived in Hoboken my whole life....but just moved to Lake Hopatcong. Not sure if I like it yet. Big change that I am kinda regretting doing. :(

Keep them slabs coming!

Hey Frankie good to see you around. I have family in East Windsor New Jersey,does that count? lol

:hi: You don't need to be from Jersey to be cool Dave. Your one of coolest guys around! :headbang:

Keep them slabs coming!

:hi: You don't need to be from Jersey to be cool Dave. Your one of coolest guys around! :headbang:

Hey brother where the hell have you been?

Bobby Blitz and Overkill dont get the credit they deserve . They were in my opinion up there with the big 4 . Always thought maybe a big 5 or 6 (4 being Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeath) if you add Testament who was another great Trash Metal band.

My wife grew up in Lake Hopatcong, small world. Dacotah Drive. We live in Middlesex near Rutgers now.

;-)

I don't see that street in this area. Think you meant Lake Haiwtha. That's like exit 45 off 80.

Not quite, but I was indeed confused. The wife is from White Meadow Lake and her friend and husband lived in Lake Hopatcong.

The Lake itself is quite nice in the warm weather. You should not only judge it on the winter, that is indeed a barren cold area but really nice in the spring and summer.

Edited by Bird

Keep them slabs coming!

My best friend in college was East or West Windsor. You know the Zisman's?

And yes, bird's getting some slabs!

And once again I need to apologize to Bird for derailing his thread . Apologies for the second time. Back to the slabs.

No, I love that people are having conversation. No derailing possible in my journal.

JJ Rockers...you guys are killing me.

And my bachelor party started at Bourbon Street in Sayreville before limo'ing to NYC Flashdancers, where I had to stuff the tablecloth in my mouth to keep from throwing up, which I saved for the sidewalk outside shortly thereafter.

Edited by Bird

;-)

Not quite, but I was indeed confused. The wife is from White Meadow Lake and her friend and husband lived in Lake Hopatcong.

The Lake itself is quite nice in the warm weather. You should not only judge it on the winter, that is indeed a barren cold area but really nice in the spring and summer.

I went to art school in Dover back in the 80's and went to Lake Hopatcong a lot, as my GF at the time was a stripper and worked a couple of clubs there. Bird's SO right about that place in the spring.....it's paradise. God, himself, vacations there in the spring. Shoveling snow is something I've forgotten about.... that would have a slight "suck" ratio. I'll be interested in what Frank says when that place starts to bloom in April. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u