• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - Hostess (Twinkees, Cup Cakes, etc) Ad art

13 posts in this topic

...you mean there really is such a thing as Oreo art?

[font:Book Antiqua]I don't know if Jimmy is kidding.

But I will love to own some pages

from Justice League (Kevin Maguire)

where Martian Manhunter is eating Oreos...

It was so popular that is an ongoing Joke...

[/font]

(thumbs u

717871_zpst806v7zr.jpg

LOVE the Hostess Ads from the 70s & 80s -- wish the OA wasn't so blasted hard to find. Here's the one example I have: a Josie & The Pussycats ad from 1980 .. "Unfair Competition" ...its in my CAF ...

My Comic Art Gallery

Always trying to find more of these (and apologies for the tacky solicitation on Mark's post -- OFFER THEM TO HIM FIRST!) ...but they're REALLY tough to find.

I've never seen one of the Hulk ones. Always liked those..

Mike

LOVE the Hostess Ads from the 70s & 80s -- wish the OA wasn't so blasted hard to find. Here's the one example I have: a Josie & The Pussycats ad from 1980 .. "Unfair Competition" ...its in my CAF ...

My Comic Art Gallery

Always trying to find more of these (and apologies for the tacky solicitation on Mark's post -- OFFER THEM TO HIM FIRST!) ...but they're REALLY tough to find.

I've never seen one of the Hulk ones. Always liked those..

Mike

I really like the DeCarlo ad Mike. I used to own that one, along with another DeCarlo Archie ad. I own (or have owned) ads featuring Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Thor, and Sad Sack. I also know that there are ads out there featuring Spider-man, Daredevil, Captain America, and Batgirl.

There were literally hundreds of ads produced, so there should be a whole lot more out there. However, from what I've been told, the ad art wasn't a part of the standard art return procedure and seems to have disappeared.

And I'm not looking to get every ad. I was just hoping to possibly turn up something new - which I've had no luck in doing so far.

--Mark