• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post up your wins from this months ComicLink auction!

161 posts in this topic

Nothing super-high grade or earth-shaking, and I wouldn't say I got a "deal" but I'm very happy I won these on Tuesday night:

imagejpg1_zpsa3888890.jpg

imagejpg2_zps847fda79.jpg

I know everyone is saying that bidding was stronger on Wednesday but my consignment books ended Wednesday and I'm a tad disappointed by the results.

None of the books are rare or hot, but they're nice and I've seen comparable copies sell for more in previous Clink auctions. The results weren't terrible; I just think I could have done just as well listing them on eBay and not have to pay the shipping to Clink.

Oh well, it was a learning experience.

Nothing super-high grade or earth-shaking, and I wouldn't say I got a "deal" but I'm very happy I won these on Tuesday night:

imagejpg1_zpsa3888890.jpg

imagejpg2_zps847fda79.jpg

I know everyone is saying that bidding was stronger on Wednesday but my consignment books ended Wednesday and I'm a tad disappointed by the results.

None of the books are rare or hot, but they're nice and I've seen comparable copies sell for more in previous Clink auctions. The results weren't terrible; I just think I could have done just as well listing them on eBay and not have to pay the shipping to Clink.

Oh well, it was a learning experience.

Sweet books by the way. I did consign any books this time after having bad results in the November auction. I'll probably only shop during the November and Early spring auctions and consign some stuff this summer.

I always loved the cover on the ASM 239 so I couldn't pass it up at a reasonable price. I've been bullish on the All Star 58 for awhile so I was happy a nice book didn't get bid up beyond my limit.

probably paid too much, but it's a nice purple covered, white paged DC :cloud9:

RAD213A720141021_141036.jpg

First off, this is a really nice book. I concur about purple covered, white paged DC.

However, since I believe in maintaining the integrity of pedigrees, this copy does not look like a Rocky Mountain. There is a high grade DC collection floating around, I have a copy or two myself, with the distinctive 'B' on the cover. I don't recall seeing any RM with a 'B' on the cover before, correct me if I am wrong ? I see the Rocky Mountain was originally graded a 9.0. No big deal, it got a grade bump. But did the original have the 'B' ? Sorry, I'm not picking on your book, it's great, love it but is it really a Rocky Mountain ?

probably paid too much, but it's a nice purple covered, white paged DC :cloud9:

RAD213A720141021_141036.jpg

First off, this is a really nice book. I concur about purple covered, white paged DC.

However, since I believe in maintaining the integrity of pedigrees, this copy does not look like a Rocky Mountain. There is a high grade DC collection floating around, I have a copy or two myself, with the distinctive 'B' on the cover. I don't recall seeing any RM with a 'B' on the cover before, correct me if I am wrong ? I see the Rocky Mountain was originally graded a 9.0. No big deal, it got a grade bump. But did the original have the 'B' ? Sorry, I'm not picking on your book, it's great, love it but is it really a Rocky Mountain ?

Have not a clue, and really don't care at this point - all you like.

I'm not a ped collector - I crack them out regardless of that. I didn't realize the "pressed" part of this until I checked GPA after I bought it.

That is when I saw the "B" as well, and I assume it is a book out of October's find, rather than a Rocky Mtn ped.

It does make me wonder if I'm going to have a squarshed, water-logged, no-gloss, POS when it comes in. :think:

Plenty of that in CGC slabs these days. :P

So far nothing massive. Doing more selling than buying this time for sure (by the way somebody is about to get a helluva deal on some TMNT books). So far I got two Jim Lee SS books and Inhumans #3 and #4. Guess I'm going to have to send in #1 and #2 now....

Completely shut out last night. I thought one of those Novas would fall thru the cracks but nothing to show for the 10 books I bid on. Hope you guys did better then me.