• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSA Strange Adventures WOW!!

40 posts in this topic

I bought the first ish at Ian's suggestion, and thought it was terrible.

Then I would imagine that my taste in comics has nothing in common with yours.

You have taste?

...don't be daft,...everyone has taste,...in Ian's case it just happens to be bad,.....

Hey Timely what do you think of the Invaders series? Sure its not exactly reliving GA but I have found the storyline most enjoyable. The art, well so so.

So so?

I've not seen art that bad since Rob Liefeld. sumo.gif

I was being nice. The art does blow, I can't even recognize the Sub-Mariner half the time.

...I thought it was just me,...I stare at some of the panels and for the life of me I can't figure out what is what,....has to be the most atrocious artwork I've ever seen,....looks like it was drawn by an epileptic high on crack....

I remember Joe Q talking up the artist for this series, a new guy I believe, but for the most part it is garbage. Its a travesty how they have potraited the Torch in such a back seat 5th wheel role and now it looks like one of them is going to be killed off in issue #9. I blame Joe Q (again). frustrated.gif

I read Invaders #0,as it wrapped up the old Avengers series. It was an interesting concept,but the art work was simply horrendous.Namors hair seemed to change from panel to panel.The cover of the latest issue looks like a mid-60s Mad cover parody of Captain America. I never thought I'd yearn for the good old days when Frank Robbins drew the Invaders.

I never thought I'd yearn for the good old days when Frank Robbins drew the Invaders.

I haven't read the new Invaders yet but the art must be horrendous if people are calling Robbins run "the good old days"... frustrated.gif

Jim

I myself was non plussed at the JSA strange adventures, though executed wonderfull. I fell more into favor with JLA Elite. All those years of reading Fangoria only stimulated my primal survival instincts, and Mahnke's SPOT ON caricatures drive me crazy!

Time to lobby DC for that all-important sequel. I still haven't read an issue of the series yet........I really should make more of an effort. It's about time I learnt what all the fuss is about.

There was a very interesting debate about it on the CPG forum.

Somepeople criticised it because the threat was not galaxy shattering - mainly about fighting a powerful foe in a zeppelin.

Others rallied to its defence because it had a classic style plot where the threat was maybe not as Universe-threatening BECAUSE it was a homage to classic Golden Age storytelling.

Either way, I didn't start that thread, and it proves that comic book collectors are at least talking about it.

I love the Justice Society stories from the Golden Age.

It's all I can do not to go out and buy this new series.

SAD

Based on your and Timely's recommendation, I bought a set from ebay. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Based on your and Timely's recommendation, I bought a set from ebay.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

In times to come, even if it doesn't rise in value, it can't help but be a sought after set, purely because its print run and sales figures are so low, and yet it's so good. Twenty odd thousand, compared to the quarter of a million of Identity Crisis.

SAD

Based on your and Timely's recommendation, I bought a set from ebay. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Same here although people tend to ignore my comments. yeahok.gif

SAD

Same here although people tend to ignore my comments. yeahok.gif

What? confused-smiley-013.gif