• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSA Strange Adventures WOW!!

40 posts in this topic

Well I gotta say, I REALLY liked issue #1 of JSA Strange Adventures. I have issues 2 through 5 sitting on my counter and I'll finish those off this weekend, but I really recommend you guys pick up issue #1 and give it a read. The story is excellent so far and the art is consistantly well drawn and colored.

Give it a try guys! thumbsup2.gif

West

What I liked about this issue was seeing the heroes in and out of costume as well as seeing the back and forth bickering, such as the arm wrestling between the Atom and Wildcat. At the end of issue #1 Starman and the Green Lantern fight off some bad guys armed with high powered electro gagets. It was all really cool.

Seeing the old JSA heroes being drawn just like they were in the Golden Age is totally awesome, but what is even better is the coloring of the story, as it is done with modern technology and you get to see them in a whole new light.

West

Well I gotta say, I REALLY liked issue #1 of JSA Strange Adventures. I have issues 2 through 5 sitting on my counter and I'll finish those off this weekend, but I really recommend you guys pick up issue #1 and give it a read. The story is excellent so far and the art is consistently well drawn and colored.

West

I love discovering new titles, how come nobody mentioned this "JSA Strange Adventures " before confused-smiley-013.gif

Well I gotta say, I REALLY liked issue #1 of JSA Strange Adventures. I have issues 2 through 5 sitting on my counter and I'll finish those off this weekend, but I really recommend you guys pick up issue #1 and give it a read. The story is excellent so far and the art is consistently well drawn and colored.

West

I love discovering new titles, how come nobody mentioned this "JSA Strange Adventures " before confused-smiley-013.gif

yeahok.gif Enough already with that title, dammit. sign-rantpost.gif

If you remember the JSA from their annual visits with the

Justice League,this is a must read book.

If you are not already a fan,I don't think this will cause you to become one.

When all is said and done,I think I'll regret not waiting to pickup the TPB at 50% off.

Hey Timely what do you think of the Invaders series? Sure its not exactly reliving GA but I have found the storyline most enjoyable. The art, well so so.

So so?

I've not seen art that bad since Rob Liefeld. sumo.gif

Seeing the old JSA heroes being drawn just like they were in the Golden Age is totally awesome, but what is even better is the coloring of the story, as it is done with modern technology and you get to see them in a whole new light.

I went on record as saying that this is the best DC comic for twenty years.

I adore it to bits.

The current JSA comic (the one that's up to issue 69), is the best of all the modern comics, but this miniseries is miles better.

I was shot down in flames on this General forum for praising it so much, and feel saddened at how good current comics COULD be, if only we had more classics like this stunningly brilliant six part miniseries. Utterly amazing.

I picked up 1-5 last week as Ian tipped me off to the Corrigan/Spectre appearances in the book. I enjoyed them a great deal, though I think my enjoyment of the books is predicated on the fact that I own and have read about 80% of the DC All-Star archives (still need to pick up the last couple volumes). If I hadn't read those, I wouldn't expect that I'd get as much enjoyment out of the series as I did. I'm kinda bummed that this is only a mini, though, hopefully it will be the start of similar fare.

Strange Adventures, gosh! That book's swell! grin.gif

Hey Timely what do you think of the Invaders series? Sure its not exactly reliving GA but I have found the storyline most enjoyable. The art, well so so.

So so?

I was being nice. The art does blow, I can't even recognize the Sub-Mariner half the time.

So so?

I was being nice. The art does blow, I can't even recognize the Sub-Mariner half the time.

...I thought it was just me,...I stare at some of the panels and for the life of me I can't figure out what is what,....has to be the most atrocious artwork I've ever seen,....looks like it was drawn by an epileptic high on crack....