• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Perez List POLL ADDED!

35 posts in this topic

Hey all, so Amazing AZ is approaching and I'm super excited that George Perez will be there!!! Heard nothing but great things about this guy.I'm looking forward to getting an autograph, hopefully a sketch too :wishluck:

That said, I wanted to get some ideas, maybe what book to get signed or what are some of his best works?

There are 2 books I'm thinking of right now, likely 2 of the most popular options.

Wonder Woman #1 and Crisis on Infinte Earths #7. Those covers are iconic. Looking for other ideas and opinions. Thanks for the insights!

Happy Collecting!

ps ask him for his "Artists Signature"

Can you eloborate please? I don't know what you mean, whats the difference?

Don't do it! He's having some fun with you!

It's well know if you ask George for his "Artists Signature" he draws a big black X on your book and hands it back to you.

I have no idea where it started or what it means, but it's supposedly pretty funny to see in person.

ps ask him for his "Artists Signature"

Can you eloborate please? I don't know what you mean, whats the difference?

Don't do it! He's having some fun with you!

It's well know if you ask George for his "Artists Signature" he draws a big black X on your book and hands it back to you.

I have no idea where it started or what it means, but it's supposedly pretty funny to see in person.

In case it wasn't obvious....

:jokealert:

I have no idea what his "artists signature" means. :)

If I had to pick one, I would go with NTT #1. Perhaps not necessarily his finest cover from a technical perspective, but NTT #1 has really become a well-recognized cover, it has the classic Perez layout and NTT #1 is a break-through title for him (and Marv Wolfman), positioning the NTT as the lead competition to the Claremont-Byrne X-Men and making NTT the top DC seller in the early 80s, at a time when many DC titles were not faring well.

I too am trying to choose a book for him to sign at AmazingAZ.

I want it to be one of his great covers - but the only problem is that a lot of Perez's great covers are so detailed and intricate, that I fear putting a sig on the cover will just get lost in the artwork.

For me, keeping within the Marvel Universe, something like Infinity Gauntlet and others of his classics in the MU can have pretty busy covers - as opposed to something like Avengers 196.

If I go with IG1 - placement and pen-color will be real important to make the signature stand out, but not interfere with the art.

Hmm.... decisions decisions.

Yes indeed. Still not sure if that "Artist signature" comment was real so that's got me messed up.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the boards, which titles constitute "Something Else" in the Poll? I thought I named some of of the "bigger" issues he did, wondering what everyone is referring to that is making "something else" the runaway favorite?

How about Avengers 141 the first Perez?

That dude can draw stuff I would have sworn would be impossible to draw....JLA vs Avengers....holy smokes man