• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

How can the 9.6 not have an impact on the price of the 9.4 ? If I were the owner of the 9.4, I would be more than a little upset.

Sounds like a reason some top grade owners, in theory, might be against the proliferation of pressing.

/jk

How can the 9.6 not have an impact on the price of the 9.4 ? If I were the owner of the 9.4, I would be more than a little upset.

Sounds like a reason some top grade owners, in theory, might be against the proliferation of pressing.

/jk

I didn't mean a census type of thing, I meant that both a 9.6 and 9.4 are in the same auction, with another 9.4 in another auction. But yes, the proliferation of pressing has indeed inflated the census. Not much is truly 'rare' these days.

I am trying very hard currently to join this club via OO collection. I have been in discussion with a gentleman who still has the small remainder of his childhood collection that escaped his mom's purging efforts back in the day. It's about 70 books, all off-the-racks SA Marvel, and the DD#1 is by far the biggest book of the batch. But he said he's only selling them in one shot, so I bid on the whole enchilada. So please fire up any Professor X/Martian Manhunter-level telepathic support you can beam my way! :wishluck:

Personally, I'd be more upset with multiple 9.4s going on at once than the presence of a 9.6 against a 9.4. Speaking from personal (and very recent) experience, a 9.4 buyer is not necessarily going to be able to double up and move to the 9.6. Splitting the 9.4 bids would bug me more. Although, really, this is a lot of high grade copies at once in a really short period of time. This is like the period a few years ago when three 9.6s sold in short order.

Those were than and still for the most part now - the best of the best copies graded (imho) Sold within 5 months of each other.

$37k for the 9.6 WHITE paged Curator copy - strong. Man I wish I could be the owner of that gem :cloud9: Hats off to the buyer of the $28+k 9.6 ow/w Twin Cities copy :applause:

(Rob after just posting this, I realized, you were prolly referring to the onslaught before those sales above. The trifecta a couple years before that?)

Those were than and still for the most part now - the best of the best copies graded (imho)

Sold within 5 months of each other.

$37k for the 9.6 WHITE paged Curator copy went strong. Man I wish I could be the owner of that gem :cloud9: Hats off to the buyer of the $28+k 9.6 ow/w Twin Cities copy :applause:

(Rob after just posting this, I realized, you were prolly referring to the onslaught before those sales above. The trifecta a couple years before that?)

Yeah, the trifecta of 9.6s in, I think, 2010.

It looks like the C-Link copy with white pages was taken down before the auction started for some reason. Maybe the seller didn't want to compete with the 9.6 and the soon to be selling 9.4 on comicconnect. It's too bad. I would have loved to see what that copy would sell for.

Edited by Ryan Ullman

I think the 9.4 wp copy is now appearing in the March auction...it showed up when I did a search.  Maybe the seller wanted to avoid direct competition with the 9.6?  Either way, the 9.4 is the copy I'd go after.

Dan

Also... I knew it was probably maxed out at 9.2 and I was right. Still, I was hoping for magic. Still, I don't have a hole at #86 anymore and will have something to sell if I need to break the bank for the ComicConnect copy. 

001 Daredevil 86 4/72 Marvel Comics       Universal   9.2 WHITE   Gene Colan and Tom Palmer art
John Buscema and Frank Giacoia cover
Edited by rob_react
remove link