• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

What the hell! $23,750 for an off-white to white page CGC 9.6 copy???!!! Recent sales have been as high as $36K-$38K. Is this an abberation or has DD 1 somehow found a way to drop upwards of $14K in price???!!! Or is it comiclink? I just feel like sometimes books on there do not reach their true potential value when compared to sales on Comicconnect and Heritage, but maybe I'm wrong. Ive always felt that since Comiclink does not provide an image of the back cover of books they auction off that there's a huge potential for a loss in sales. Me personally, if I'm going to spend many thousands on a book, I'd like to see both sides, but who knows. Clearly, other people don't have that issue when an AF 15 CBCS 9.0 is selling for $240K.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26ItemType%3D0%26ODire2%3DASC%26f1%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di.Title%2C%2Bi.IssueNumber%26f3%3Da.MaxBid%26ODire3%3DDESC%26x%3D25%26y%3D19%26pg%3D21%23Item_1164120&id=1164120

Edited by LDarkseid1

6 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

I thought the price was very soft too. 

Should be a very happy buyer out there..

Hells yeah! I'd be one insanely happy buyer!! lol Get ready to flip it for $10K once Season 3 of DD and Defenders come out on Netflix.

3 hours ago, rob_react said:

That was a strong result, I thought. 

Yeah I agree. I've never seen a 9.4 sell for over $19K. I knew that 9.6 that sold for $23,750 at auction recently was a fluke. Seriously whoever bought that just somehow made out with a book they could resell for over $30K easy.

8 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I agree. I've never seen a 9.4 sell for over $19K. I knew that 9.6 that sold for $23,750 at auction recently was a fluke. Seriously whoever bought that just somehow made out with a book they could resell for over $30K easy.

Yeah, that CL result was really crazy. There was a 9.4 that sold somewhere in the last year for $26,000, but the last three sold for $18050, $18500 and $14900, so this was a strong result compared to those. 

I mostly follow low to mid-grade copies and not the deep end of the market so much, but I’m surprised that even with a reasonably popular TV show DD is still the poor cousin of SA Marvel first appearances.

2 hours ago, rob_react said:

Yeah, that CL result was really crazy. There was a 9.4 that sold somewhere in the last year for $26,000, but the last three sold for $18050, $18500 and $14900, so this was a strong result compared to those. 

Where did a 9.4 sell for $26K? Is that just a sale you saw on GPA, but it doesn't say how it sold?

Wow, another crazy sale. This is the same 9.4 that just sold in a previous auction for I believe $19,200 a month or so ago. It almost immediately goes back up for sale and boom, already over $20K and with a couple days left!!! http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=645896. DD1's seem to be climbing. And this copy has a date stamp.

Edited by LDarkseid1

Yeah, this one is going to tickle at what that ComicLink 9.6 sold for a few months ago. That book was such a bargain. Everything else recently has been super-strong.