• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! I love that date stamp!

This collection is cool in that most of the books have clear, well-placed date stamps (always prominent to find, never over the action) and the OO placed his initials "M.R." In the lower right margin area of the splash pages in blue ink. Too small and not high enough grade to be a ped, but this little remainder of a collection (79 books) has provenance. And I've captured enough of the history to pass it along with anything I let go of.

If you have any early Spideys or FF's with these characteristics, they may have been his as he donated them to a cystic fibrosis charity event in his 20's (gentleman is retired now.)

4 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Thanks guys! I love that date stamp!

This collection is cool in that most of the books have clear, well-placed date stamps (always prominent to find, never over the action) and the OO placed his initials "M.R." In the lower right margin area of the splash pages in blue ink. Too small and not high enough grade to be a ped, but this little remainder of a collection (79 books) has provenance. And I've captured enough of the history to pass it along with anything I let go of.

If you have any early Spideys or FF's with these characteristics, they may have been his as he donated them to a cystic fibrosis charity event in his 20's (gentleman is retired now.)

I LOVE collections like that. Very cool.

On 8/5/2017 at 6:47 PM, rob_react said:

Nice copy for the grade. It presents really well. 

17 hours ago, SECollector said:

Really nice! And actually it is well centered for this issue. Most I have seen have worse alignment. Congrats! Some day I will also get one around that grade :acclaim:

(thumbsu

On 8/1/2017 at 10:26 PM, Readcomix said:

Sign me up as of today...after a year of back and forth with a retired gentleman, I purchased his remaining original owner SA books today (79 comics) and my membership card was in there  :cloud9:

image.jpeg

I'm a big fan of date stamps (thumbsu

That one is awesome :applause:

Edited by Icculus308win

15 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Thx! Much of this guy's collection is like that. Wherever he bought his books, they made sure to make clear stamps and conscious choices about placement.

That is so seriously so cool. Gives that collection so much character. 

7 hours ago, Montezuma said:

Cost me 12 cents way back when, well loved, but I still have it.

Daredevil%201_zpswbyfeeva.jpg

Monty - I can't  fathom having personally purchased a copy of my favorite character's 1st app off the rack or shelf. 

That is truly something special. Envious indeed. 

17 hours ago, Montezuma said:

Cost me 12 cents way back when, well loved, but I still have it.

Daredevil%201_zpswbyfeeva.jpg

Congrats, on having held onto a great copy.  What did you write on the cover there, that you owned 37 Daredevils?