• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

Picked up a copy for $45 today - it was simply marked as a VF/NM #8 with no mention of the error. Needless to say, I didn't haggle on the price.

The 'fibs' you tell brother! (tsk)lol

Show proof of this Maltese Falcon find! :baiting::P

Ok,

Apologies for the quality (I've not scanner!) but lets get this Topic back on appreciation mode!

Front Cover

tFH0Hs7l.jpg

Inside Front Cover

aDBWl3Fl.jpg

Back Cover

J6MSmTGl.jpg

I may post this up in PGM section but what are peoples thoughts?

Ok,

Apologies for the quality (I've not scanner!) but lets get this Topic back on appreciation mode!

Front Cover

tFH0Hs7l.jpg

Inside Front Cover

aDBWl3Fl.jpg

Back Cover

J6MSmTGl.jpg

Sweet copy & deal bro! (thumbs u It's hard to gauge from such small images, but it looks VF-ish! hm

Ok,

Front Cover

tFH0Hs7l.jpg

Inside Front Cover

aDBWl3Fl.jpg

Back Cover

J6MSmTGl.jpg

Sweet....daddy likes that book.

Especially with a Gaiman signature on the inside cover............I have read that he will not sign any of his Sandman works any longer, so having Gaiman's sig on it is doubly sweet.

It looks to be in the NM range, to me.While it's hard to judge with the smaller pics, it is much better than VF.

Personally, I would send the book to CBCS to have the book slabbed under their authenticated signature program.If you send it into CGC, you'll get a qualified grade.

Ok,

Front Cover

tFH0Hs7l.jpg

Inside Front Cover

aDBWl3Fl.jpg

Back Cover

J6MSmTGl.jpg

Especially with a Gaiman signature on the inside cover............I have read that he will not sign any of his Sandman works any longer, so having Gaiman's sig on it is doubly sweet.

It looks to be in the NM range, to me.While it's hard to judge with the smaller pics, it is much better than VF.

Personally, I would send the book to CBCS to have the book slabbed under their authenticated signature program.If you send it into CGC, you'll get a qualified grade.

It's on the inside cover that is stil a blue label at CGC.

And I agree, definitely a 9.2/9.4. (thumbs u

-J.

Ok,

Front Cover

tFH0Hs7l.jpg

Inside Front Cover

aDBWl3Fl.jpg

Back Cover

J6MSmTGl.jpg

Nah, that's not true at all - Gaiman will happily sign anything from his back catalogue, including Sandman. The problem is that he's said he's not going to do any more book signing tours due to the 50,000+ books he signed on the last one, so it's gotten to be fairly difficult to get anything signed by him period.

Hopefully it went to someone on the board, regardless of price!

And it if did they should definitely post it up in here!

+1 to that buddy! :grin: Bring em' out of hiding! (thumbs u

Great acquisition for buyer definitely! (worship)

Cool, thanks for the documentation.

However...four sales in the last five months doesn't seem like an "uptick in heat and price", much less an "obvious" one...

hm

I would imagine that, having had only TWO slabbed sales in the last year wouldn't support that conclusion.

Maybe it's a case of in sight, in mind? That is, we've talked about it so much here, there's a projection of that perception into the market that doesn't actually exist?

hm

The scant sales being a result of the book's scant numbers, but I have not seen raw copies go for this kind of money. Until this 9.2 sold I was sure that the dollars raw copies were realizing were rivaling what a slabbed copy would go for. If this 9.2 sale is legit it would suggest a commensurate increase in slabbed prices as well, hence my posit that the book is "hot".

@Cujobyte: I have a working theory that the sandman 8b will eventually be the copper age equivalent of the star wars 1 price variant.

-J.

So....there's an "obvious uptick in heat and price"....but, scant sales to demonstrate that...?

How does that work...?

hm

"If" is a big word. We shall see.

Four raws and two slabs in six months or so is "a lot" by this book's standard. And with strong prices for each and every one of those raw copies and a 9.2 now evidently selling for what a 9.8 sold for six months ago, I do not believe the word "hot" is an overstatement.

-J.

You would have to demonstrate the sales history of this book to show an "uptick."

A 9.0 sold for $250 less than three years ago, and a 9.4 sold for $300 in 2009.

There have been 17 sales of this book slabbed, going back to 2002, averaging about 1.2 a year. The prices, while "up", don't definitively prove that this is due to the book ITSELF, or the overall exuberance on the market in general.

This 9.2 is a quintessential "outlier", if it's even legitimate.

For record keeping purposes, you argued THE EXACT OPPOSITE POSITION when discussing Cerebus #1 last year.

meh

Fascinating.

Picked up a copy for $45 today - it was simply marked as a VF/NM #8 with no mention of the error. Needless to say, I didn't haggle on the price.

For real.

At this point, it's nothing more than an anecdote. :grin:

However...four sales in the last five months doesn't seem like an "uptick in heat and price", much less an "obvious" one...

hm

I would imagine that, having had only TWO slabbed sales in the last year wouldn't support that conclusion.

Maybe it's a case of in sight, in mind? That is, we've talked about it so much here, there's a projection of that perception into the market that doesn't actually exist?

hm

The scant sales being a result of the book's scant numbers, but I have not seen raw copies go for this kind of money. Until this 9.2 sold I was sure that the dollars raw copies were realizing were rivaling what a slabbed copy would go for. If this 9.2 sale is legit it would suggest a commensurate increase in slabbed prices as well, hence my posit that the book is "hot".

@Cujobyte: I have a working theory that the sandman 8b will eventually be the copper age equivalent of the star wars 1 price variant.

-J.

So....there's an "obvious uptick in heat and price"....but, scant sales to demonstrate that...?

How does that work...?

hm

Four raws and two slabs in six months or so is "a lot" by this book's standard. And with strong prices for each and every one of those raw copies and a 9.2 now evidently selling for what a 9.8 sold for six months ago, I do not believe the word "hot" is an overstatement.

-J.

You would have to demonstrate the sales history of this book to show an "uptick."

There have been 17 sales of this book slabbed, going back to 2002, averaging about 1.2 a year. The prices, while "up", don't definitively prove that this is due to the book ITSELF, or the overall exuberance on the market in general.

For record keeping purposes, you argued THE EXACT OPPOSITE POSITION when discussing Cerebus #1 last year.

Hardly. Context is everything my friend.

-J.

For real.

At this point, it's nothing more than an anecdote. :grin:

:roflmao:

hm

hm

-J.

How does that work...?

hm

-J.

-J.

No, that's pretty much the exact opposite of what you argued, right on the nail.

"You can't accurately gauge the market based on a handful of sales!" was the very gist of your argument.

hm

hm

-J.

How does that work...?

hm

-J.

-J.

No, that's pretty much the exact opposite of what you argued, right on the nail.

"You can't accurately gauge the market based on a handful of sales!" was the very gist of your argument.

Context. Context. No need to derail the thread any further, if you need any additional clarifications, feel free to shoot me a PM. (thumbs u

-J.

hm

hm

-J.

How does that work...?

hm

-J.

-J.

Context. Context. No need to derail the thread any further, if you need any additional clarifications, feel free to shoot me a PM. (thumbs u

-J.

No need for additional clarifications; it's already all there. It's the same argument, in reverse.

As far as derailing the thread, this *is* the Sandman #1 and #8 appreciation thread, right...? And we ARE discussing aspects of Sandman #8, are we not...?

hm

Ok,

Front Cover

tFH0Hs7l.jpg

Inside Front Cover

aDBWl3Fl.jpg

Back Cover

J6MSmTGl.jpg

Nah, that's not true at all - Gaiman will happily sign anything from his back catalogue, including Sandman. The problem is that he's said he's not going to do any more book signing tours due to the 50,000+ books he signed on the last one, so it's gotten to be fairly difficult to get anything signed by him period.

Alright, I was off but I was right about the bottom line.The chances of Gaiman signing any Sandman books are pretty much nil.