• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Hot Topic - A Public Service Announcement

85 posts in this topic

Selling some information - price is $0.00, and I have enough for everyone, so just post an :takeit: and I'll see that you get said info. Here is a taste of what you can expect for your $0.00:

Just in case anyone missed it, Hot Topic has been instructed to go ahead and release all remaining copies @ $4.99. You can find out about it here

official HOT TOPIC Star Wars #1 variant update:

a) Do NOT purchase this variant on eBay at ridiculous prices !

b) Stores that did not discard and/or destroy their copies are returning them to the sales floor and continue to sell at $4.99

c) There is no confirmation that a "reprint" is coming.

d) The FUNKO POP! Avengers image on the back of the comic is no longer "confidential".

e) Bleeding Cool's terms of "recall" / "pulping" / and "spoiler" were not used in any of the Hot Topic official e-mails, and their stated price was not $3.99, actually it should of been $7.99, but stores are honoring the $4.99 cover price, until further notice. (again too much conflicting information)

f) Hot Topic stores will receive "further direction" on Monday.

I probably just broke a rule by posting this, but...with the number of people currently paying through the nose for this book, I think it bears mention...even with the possibility of having my wrist slapped for it.

Full disclosure, I've sold exactly one copy of this book and am not holding any additional copies.

What exactly is "official" about this news? It is on a Star Wars Comic Facebook page that looks fan run, not Hot Topic or anyone else associated with Hot Topic from what I can tell. It also gives no information about print run, or how much of that print run is surviving. Anecdotal posts here from boardies who have gone looking state that many of the stores they have visited do not have copies available and destroyed/returned them.

Information is very useful, and should be shared, but I think that some sort of actual "official" statement from someone actually in an official position would be more useful than a Facebook post that may just be another rumor.

Selling some information - price is $0.00, and I have enough for everyone, so just post an :takeit: and I'll see that you get said info. Here is a taste of what you can expect for your $0.00:

Just in case anyone missed it, Hot Topic has been instructed to go ahead and release all remaining copies @ $4.99. You can find out about it here

b) Stores that did not discard and/or destroy their copies are returning them to the sales floor and continue to sell at $4.99

d) The FUNKO POP! Avengers image on the back of the comic is no longer "confidential".

e) Bleeding Cool's terms of "recall" / "pulping" / and "spoiler" were not used in any of the Hot Topic official e-mails, and their stated price was not $3.99, actually it should of been $7.99, but stores are honoring the $4.99 cover price, until further notice. (again too much conflicting information)

I probably just broke a rule by posting this, but...with the number of people currently paying through the nose for this book, I think it bears mention...even with the possibility of having my wrist slapped for it.

Full disclosure, I've sold exactly one copy of this book and am not holding any additional copies.

What exactly is "official" about this news? It is on a Star Wars Comic Facebook page that looks fan run, not Hot Topic or anyone else associated with Hot Topic from what I can tell. It also gives no information about print run, or how much of that print run is surviving. Anecdotal posts here from boardies who have gone looking state that many of the stores they have visited do not have copies available and destroyed/returned them.

Information is very useful, and should be shared, but I think that some sort of actual "official" statement from someone actually in an official position would be more useful than a Facebook post that may just be another rumor.

The hot topic store I was just in confirmed te recall was cancelled but too late for them.

I called my local Hot Topic store and they confirmed what was in the email. They said they had a couple of cases, but were limiting them to 5 copies pr person.

What was the print number of this book??? It sounds like a lot have been destroyed....I doubt we will ever officially know how many

Nobody knows the exact print run, but considering Hot Topic has 700+ stores, it's a fair assumption that the print run is considerable.

Yeah I saw people were asking $50 or more for this . Thought that was crazy.My wife was shopping at a local mall and I asked her to go in to there and ask and they were selling them for $5 but sold out so she did not get me one but they had alot . saw on Ebay people paying $100+ . Book dropped to $5 in a day.

Yeah I saw people were asking $50 or more for this . Thought that was crazy.My wife was shopping at a local mall and I asked her to go in to there and ask and they were selling them for $5 but sold out so she did not get me one but they had alot . saw on Ebay people paying $100+ . Book dropped to $5 in a day.

:roflmao:

One question

1) Why this variant is less expensive now?

Because the book was going to be recalled but they changed there mind and went on sale . While some were destroyed there still is a ton available now . Once it sells out it will be worth more then $5 but its not a rare, recalled book anymore. Prices already dropped on Ebay . I see them for $49 now and probably down to $15 in a day or two.

If this book had been truley recalled and a lot destoryed it would have held its value .

One question

1) Why this variant is less expensive now?

Because the book was going to be recalled but they changed there mind and went on sale . While some were destroyed there still is a ton available now . Once it sells out it will be worth more then $5 but its not a rare, recalled book anymore. Prices already dropped on Ebay . I see them for $49 now and probably down to $15 in a day or two.

If this book had been truley recalled and a lot destoryed it would have held its value .

Ok thanks !

I called my local Hot Topic store and they confirmed what was in the email. They said they had a couple of cases, but were limiting them to 5 copies pr person.

Vernon Hills?

There were more than 100 for sale on ebay alone last night before this info even hit.

The book was never "rare" and was never going to be "rare".

-J.

Yeah that was the thing I was wondering. Last night I was looking on ebay to see what it went for after someone mentioned it and saw so many for sale. A rare book does not have hundreds available on ebay this early .

There were more than 100 for sale on ebay alone last night before this info even hit.

The book was never "rare" and was never going to be "rare".

-J.

Yeah that was the thing I was wondering. Last night I was looking on ebay to see what it went for after someone mentioned it and saw so many for sale. A rare book does not have hundreds available on ebay this early .

Maybe it is the speculators definition of rare...