• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last eBay thread?

326 posts in this topic

btw the guy's form in the top pic is terrible-he didn't pop his hip over, which makes it basically a feather kick and worthy of scorn.

lol Its a demo kick artard, of course he's feathering

I could do a demo kick displaying proper form......

Pics or it never happened

2m6ms1h.jpg

lol Nice. At least Kav delivers.

So...whatcha holding on to off camera?

yep I had to use a chair-when holding a kick in air for 3 sec vs just delivering kick, that stability is needed...

good catch

yep I had to use a chair-when holding a kick in air for 3 sec vs just delivering kick, that stability is needed...

;) 3 years Hap Ki Do and 2 Muay Thai.

Currently getting back into shape (40lbs overweight and need to lose 6inches) doing a bit of video Krav Maga training...

When does this demise occur exactly? sounds like a bunch of BS that people who don't like eBay are just too pleased to shout to the world.

About Quartz.com...

"Its team of 25 staff members was pulled together from prominent brands in business journalism: Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, and the New York Times."

The article has also been reposted by many major financial and Wall Street news blogs.

I was referring to people who start threads with the article being all to pleased with themselves, not the group that wrote it.

I'm a businessman. Many many people on these boards both buy and sell using eBay. I waited several days for this article to appear here, since it seemed pretty significant to the collectibles markets including comics. When no one else posted it, I did. I offered no comment or opinion on the article beyond its news-worthiness.

And you did, in fact, call the article "BS".

Not at all sure why you're being such a jerk?

Good article. I see this affecting casual comic sellers much more then other collectibles sellers.

An example is collectible video games, action figures and books are great sellers on Amazon.com,heck even coins and sport cards have a presence on Amazon. Comic books do not sell well on there.

So if EBay goes this could really put a kick in the comic book market.

Think how many people buy multiple issues from DCBS,Diamond and their LCS to resell on Ebay?

How about people who get comics pressed and slabbed so they can resell on EBay?

If EBay goes out the comic book sellers market would be severely affected.

2c

Currently getting back into shape (40lbs overweight and need to lose 6inches) doing a bit of video Krav Maga training...

I love the elbow strikes in Kav Magnum

I love the elbow strikes in Kav Magnum

Since being so out of shape, I don't like being in that close anymore. Using Krav Maga for it's speed and effectiveness now. Trying to limber up enough to once again look at taking Hap Ki Do seriously

Don't understand the hate for ebay. If I want something, I can find it. If I want to sell something, I can. Just bought $400 worth of hatchback shocks on ebay for $40. Do I want to sell comics to a comic store? No.

(tsk)

Well, the hate for eBay on here is about a fraction of the hate that is generally expressed against comic shops. Not sure why, when you admit you can buy stuff on eBay for 10-cents on the dollar, that you would want to sell your stuff on there instead of a decent comic shop?

Comic shops rip you off. :gossip:

As a former shop owner, I'd say that you're wrong on that aspect. Sure, some do - but most are honest business people who have to pay overhead costs like rent, utilities, insurance, bank fees, professional fees, workers comp, taxes, licensing and a litany of other costs that Average Joe doesn't have to incur on Ebay. It costs money to operate a business - something that many people aren't familiar with.

When it comes to buying, sure comic shop owners are usually great. When it comes to selling, fuhgettaboutit.

You can say I'm wrong all you want, but I've experienced exactly what I'm describing.

You're not really describing anything. You said "Comic shops rip you off" which isn't terribly descriptive about anything in particular.

How is that the shop owner's fault for charging too much on a comic? It's your choice to pay. Shop somewhere else that is cheaper and move on if you don't like the price. To say that a shop owner is ripping you off because they charge too much is stretching it a bit - and to use a Roy-ism: it's generalizing.

My comment wasn't descriptive, yet you interpreted it as me slamming comic shops for charging too much for their books? If that's how I came across, then I apologize.

My "Comic shops rip you off" comment had nothing to do with buying from shops (I buy from comic shops all the time and usually find some great deals) but rather selling to shops. I understand that comic shop owners need to make a buck, and need to cover other costs, but I stopped trying to sell to shops a long time ago, because of the ridiculous low ball offers I would receive. The internet has provided much better selling outlets as opposed to the LCS. Ebay just happens to be one of those outlets.

So to re-word my comment in a way that is more descriptive...

I feel that I will get an incredibly lowball offer If I try to sell my books to a comic shop.I feel every piece of $.25 longbox drek should be bought by stores at guide or the ridiculous price i think it's worth.

Fixed.

Yep. I'm one of those guys. You nailed it.

Do yourself a favor and look at the sales threads I've had on these boards. You'll quickly see that the books I post are keys and sell for either my asking price or not far from it.

no.

I've sold lots of comics to comic shops over the years, mostly in the 80's, 90's there are good and bad as in everything there is in life. Gosh always used to give you 50% of their mark up! Stateside used to get good deals for themselves!

I sold some comics to Eides in America back in 2000, they gave 70-80% guide for the comics I had, so it also depends on the stuff you're offering.

As for ebay, auctions used to do very well for me back in late 90's, early 2000's, I did not just list anything and everything, I researched what sold well in auctions, and hence listed those items, I would not list New Mutants 53 for £2.99 and expect to sell it, so with auction side of ebay, it does work, you just have to know what sells and what don't!

Bring back ebay from 2000 and stop forcing sellers hands into global shipping programs, argos click and collect, free postage, don't hide bidders buyers, protecting the shill bidders.

Ebay needs to become a 3rd party hosting auction site again instead of a dictating Amazon wannabe!

herc