• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last eBay thread?

326 posts in this topic

The first pic shows the guy on the left doing a round kick, the guy on the right is countering with a roundhouse.

The second picture is a crescent kick or round kick if followed through instead of bringing the foot straight down (which makes it also an axe kick). Yes you are striking with the side of the foot on the apex instead of the top of the foot, but it can still be called a round kick

The first pic shows the guy on the left doing a round kick, the guy on the right is countering with a roundhouse.

The second picture is a crescent kick or round kick if followed through instead of bringing the foot straight down (which makes it also an axe kick). Yes you are striking with the side of the foot on the apex instead of the top of the foot, but it can still be called a round kick

no

Saying 'a crescent or round kick' is like saying 'a hotdog or hamburger'

They are 2 entirely different things

A right leg round kick goes from rt to left

A right leg crescent kick goes from left to right

They move in opposite directions

no

No, like I said, it depends on follow through. There are several kicks with the same posture and execution with different names, depending on discipline.

Tomato, tomatoe.

What eBay excels at as well is the ignorant seller. What I mean by this is a seller who has absolutely no idea of the value of books they are selling. I have gotten heaps of deals at 10,15,20,25 bucks of key books with high grading. I would rarely get these same kind of deals at an LCS just because the owner is savvy.

Cheers, Howard

no

No, like I said, it depends on follow through. There are several kicks with the same posture and execution with different names, depending on discipline.

Tomato, tomatoe.

No. As stated, they move in opposite directions, use entirely different muscles, and are as about as different as two kicks can be. In this case it's tomato, potato.

Okay... so now that I got my 45s straight...

I see ASM 45 has a GPA of around $120. It's not a hot book, or one I have any want-lists for as far as I know (not at the shop right now), so I'd probably go $60-$65 just because it's an 8.0, and end up selling it for $95. I might not want to go any more than $50 on a raw copy.

My percentages would admittedly drop, however, on lower grade copies, as they are easy to obtain.

There is no hard answer for any of this however, as situations are forever in flux. If I had 10 copies in 8.0 in stock, it wouldn't be a matter of me wanting it for less... I probably wouldn't want it at all. Nor would I likely make an offer on a book under 6.0 or 7.0, as I would expect to purchase lower grades in runs or large collections rather than individually. Dale or GAtor who tend to specialize in high grades might not be interested in anything under a 9.0?

Dealer circumstances are as different as a seller's. Are you selling a book because you need to pay a bill? Because you got it for $3 at a flea market and are happy to turn it for a quick decent profit? Because you upgraded, but there's no rush in getting rid of it unless you maximize your sale? I expect sellers to give ME an idea of what they want for a book too... I price my stuff for sale, they can price theirs as well. Exceptions, obviously, are folks who literally have no idea about something they either found or inherited, or are unaware of hot trends, in which case I go over the info with them, and even give them other selling options if selling to me isn't a good fit for either of us.

no

Tomato, tomatoe.

No. As stated, they move in opposite directions, use entirely different muscles, and are as about as different as two kicks can be. In this case it's tomato, potato.

K...round kick or round house kick?

round%20house%20kick.jpg

That is a round kick also called a roundhouse kick btw cocking your knee like that cuts the power of the kick in half and I wouldn't recommend it.

btw the guy's form in the top pic is terrible-he didn't pop his hip over, which makes it basically a feather kick and worthy of scorn.

Does anyone deny before ebay you got pennies on the dollar for your books at comic shops?

Did it get better after eBay though?

Yes. eBay has leveled the playing field. To argue otherwise is just missing out on reality.

btw the guy's form in the top pic is terrible-he didn't pop his hip over, which makes it basically a feather kick and worthy of scorn.

lol Its a demo kick artard, of course he's feathering

Don't understand the hate for ebay. If I want something, I can find it. If I want to sell something, I can. Just bought $400 worth of hatchback shocks on ebay for $40. Do I want to sell comics to a comic store? No.

(tsk)

Well, the hate for eBay on here is about a fraction of the hate that is generally expressed against comic shops. Not sure why, when you admit you can buy stuff on eBay for 10-cents on the dollar, that you would want to sell your stuff on there instead of a decent comic shop?

Comic shops rip you off. :gossip:

As a former shop owner, I'd say that you're wrong on that aspect. Sure, some do - but most are honest business people who have to pay overhead costs like rent, utilities, insurance, bank fees, professional fees, workers comp, taxes, licensing and a litany of other costs that Average Joe doesn't have to incur on Ebay. It costs money to operate a business - something that many people aren't familiar with.

When it comes to buying, sure comic shop owners are usually great. When it comes to selling, fuhgettaboutit.

You can say I'm wrong all you want, but I've experienced exactly what I'm describing.

You're not really describing anything. You said "Comic shops rip you off" which isn't terribly descriptive about anything in particular.

How is that the shop owner's fault for charging too much on a comic? It's your choice to pay. Shop somewhere else that is cheaper and move on if you don't like the price. To say that a shop owner is ripping you off because they charge too much is stretching it a bit - and to use a Roy-ism: it's generalizing.

My comment wasn't descriptive, yet you interpreted it as me slamming comic shops for charging too much for their books? If that's how I came across, then I apologize.

My "Comic shops rip you off" comment had nothing to do with buying from shops (I buy from comic shops all the time and usually find some great deals) but rather selling to shops. I understand that comic shop owners need to make a buck, and need to cover other costs, but I stopped trying to sell to shops a long time ago, because of the ridiculous low ball offers I would receive. The internet has provided much better selling outlets as opposed to the LCS. Ebay just happens to be one of those outlets.

So to re-word my comment in a way that is more descriptive...

I feel that I will get an incredibly lowball offer If I try to sell my books to a comic shop.I feel every piece of $.25 longbox drek should be bought by stores at guide or the ridiculous price i think it's worth.

Fixed.

Yep. I'm one of those guys. You nailed it.

Do yourself a favor and look at the sales threads I've had on these boards. You'll quickly see that the books I post are keys and sell for either my asking price or not far from it.

I could do a demo kick displaying proper form......

I could do a demo kick displaying proper form......

Pics or it never happened