• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Spider-Gwen #1 a sign of the bubble reaching its peak?

178 posts in this topic

Man wait till the Spam Spider-Gwen speculators get a hold of this thread.

:gossip: I figured that this would draw them out of the "moderns heating up" thread to an extent.

Sadly, they have gone into Comic General thread as well with threads this week.

Haters gonna hate.

Just give it a chance. It may actually be good.

:gossip: I figured that this would draw them out of the "moderns heating up" thread to an extent.

I'm just glad we stopped talking about Hot Topic for a week.

joker-clapping.gif

I was upset about the whole Superior Spidey thing.

I admit it.

Then I read it once it was over, and loved it.

I will give this a chance before I bash it.

Plus, have you seen that Phantom cover?!?!?!?! haha

lol

Same thing happened to me. Hated the idea but than I loved it! So this time I'm waiting on the story.

PS. DONT fu** this up Marvel! (tsk)

Haters gonna hate.

:headbang:

Haters gonna hate.

You think they are actually reading this book?

You are missing the point I got nothing against the character.

Haters gonna hate.

You think they are actually reading this book?

You are missing the point I got nothing against the character.

I'm not going to lie. I do. I hate that they named this character "Gwen Stacy". Why? Why do that ? Just to create a gimmick and sell some books? That bugs me. Name the character Fiona Wondertits and the conversation totally changes. Name her Gwen Stacy and you start messing with one of the primary motivators of the #3 character of all time.

Along with uncle ben, Gwen Stacy dying is one of the most character defining aspects of Spider-Man. I wish they'd let her rest in peace.

-J.

Actual dealers with diamond accounts aren't typically the ones putting a whole lot of unconfirmed dollars towards all of these variants, so they aren't on the hook when the titles bottom out. The market really doesn't care if Joe Internet buys 100 variants of Spider-Gwen #1 and takes it in the shorts.

I've been simply amazed, and a bit terrified, at the amounts and volume of money pouring into the multitude of S-G #1 variants this past week or so. I'm of the opinion that this can't end well. In honor of Friday I thought it would be interesting to move some of that discussion out of "heating up" over to here. Discuss. Feel free to try to convince me that this time is different, we are not in another 90s style bubble, that variants aren't just a reincarnation of foil/hologram covers that are actually better for the publishers because we buy more of them, and that S-G is the next Batman and EOSV #2 will send my kids to college in a few years.

858da6dabc619c662c4374dcb0d503e5.jpg

I've been simply amazed, and a bit terrified, at the amounts and volume of money pouring into the multitude of S-G #1 variants this past week or so. I'm of the opinion that this can't end well. In honor of Friday I thought it would be interesting to move some of that discussion out of "heating up" over to here. Discuss. Feel free to try to convince me that this time is different, we are not in another 90s style bubble, that variants aren't just a reincarnation of foil/hologram covers that are actually better for the publishers because we buy more of them, and that S-G is the next Batman and EOSV #2 will send my kids to college in a few years.

Youre such a bully!

Lets see you try picking on somebody bigger

.. Like Star wars

The Spider-Gwen #1 Phantom is going to be the hot variant. I bought 3 of the color copies myself and I don't buy much Marvel stuff anymore. As for Star Wars, I would suggest the action figure covers. 2c

there are stil 19 more days till release date. And every day I hear of another variant appearing..

Last week we were all thinking the AH 1:100 variant was the rare one.

Look at us today

Looks shilled to me.

Let's fast forward 2 yrs and see where this book is at that time. As stated before, this will not end well IMO.

Looks shilled to me.

Let's fast forward 2 yrs and see where this book is at that time. As stated before, this will not end well IMO.

See you then :hi: